How would you answer these tough product manager (PM) and product marketing manager (PMM) interview questions?
● Design a new iPad app for Google Spreadsheet.
● You’re the CEO of the Yellow Cab taxi service. How do you respond to Uber?
● How would you acquire 100 million Xbox One customers in 6 months?
● You’re part of the Google Search web spam team. How would you detect duplicate websites?
This workshop will focus on how to answer difficult PM and PMM interview questions such as product design, analytical, strategy, marketing, and technical interview questions. It will also include an introduction to the PM and PMM roles, key differences between the two, and how the role varies at top tech firms such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Facebook.
In addition to a lecture-discussion on concepts and frameworks, part of the workshop will be interactive to help you apply and learn concepts introduced. Topics covered will include:
● Product design questions
● Tech-focused analytical questions, including estimations and lifetime value analysis
● Strategy questions
● Product marketing questions, including developing marketing plans and critiquing an ad
● Technical questions
● Understanding of PM and PMM roles, including key responsibilities
● Applying a product design framework at the interview
● Exercising skills needed to answer analytical questions
● Tackling marketing questions including marketing plans and critiquing ads
● Learning a simple approach to answering any strategy interview question
● Approaching technical interview questions
PREREQS AND PREPARATION
Optional Reading: Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews
Optional Reading: The Marketing Interview: 50 Answers to the Toughest Questions
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Lewis C. Lin is the founder and CEO of Impact Interview. He has over 10 years of experience in the career management industry. Lewis first began in 1999, when he started JobReviews.com, a career and workplace community. It featured company, salary, and interview reviews. He sold the company to Job.com in 2001.
Lewis also has over 11 years of experience in product management and business development with Google, Microsoft and Citi. Prior to founding Impact Interview, he was a Director of Product Management and Marketing at Microsoft. With an MBA from Kellogg School of Management, Lewis has published several Amazon bestsellers, including his top selling book: Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews.