AlEn USA is subsidiary of Grupo AlEn, a 70 year-old family-owned CPG leader in chemical and organic-based home and laundry-care solutions. The Director of eCommerce will manage and execute best in class eCommerce growth initiatives to drive sales and provide a market competitive customer experience. This candidate will work closely with cross-functional partners and agencies in executing a clear road map that aligns with our business priorities.
Data-driven and entrepreneurial, the Director of eCommerce will be responsible for the execution of our pure play and omnichannel eCommerce strategy to support our company’s rapid growth. They will identify opportunities to broaden our revenues on the eCommerce landscape, while maintaining a healthy GM across products listed online.
This individual will report directly to the VP of Marketing > VP & Country GM. This individual will have two direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive profitable eCommerce business for all brands across the USA and manage eCommerce operations
- Identify needs and areas of opportunity, guide best practices to further drive the businesses and recommendations based on results to increase sales, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
- Optimize the digital shelf
- Manage demand generation. Work with Marketing and Sales teams to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns for current products, innovation, key occasions and other online traffic-driving activities
- Support strategy to drive retailer.com sales and work with internal sales teams to ensure offline strategies are executed seamlessly with online
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on development of online-exclusive products if needed. Ensure concept, forecasting, and marketing assets are delivered to meet business needs. Ensure holistic execution of omnichannel & pure-play portfolio.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure placement, imagery, pricing, product descriptions, and POS are up to date
- Attract, retain and develop new innovation talent to the AlEn organization, including technology, digital, design, research and other key disciplines
- Foster collaborative and supportive cross-functional working relationships, including appropriate transparency into innovation activities, challenges and opportunities.
- Self-starter with high degree of independence.
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree in business, technology or related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in ecommerce. Possess a blend of ecommerce, digital marketing, technology and strategy experience, with a strong preference for those who have worked in consumer goods or related sectors.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading multiple ecommerce teams in large and small companies.
- Experience building an ecommerce function from scratch is a plus.
- Ability to translate offline brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that enable the company to profitably achieve that goal.
- Proactive and collaborative leader who can lead change in a collaborative manner and enhance the knowledge of the organization in the ecommerce space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally