We are searching for an Associate Director of Shopper Marketing to report to our VP of Marketing. The Associate Director of Shopper Marketing will manage and execute best in class shopper marketing initiatives to drive brand growth, sales and enhance our relationships with key retailers. This candidate will work closely with cross-functional partners and agencies in executing a clear road map that aligns with our business priorities.
Data-driven and entrepreneurial, the Associate Director of Shopper Marketing will be responsible for the execution of our shopper marketing strategy to support our company’s rapid growth. They will identify opportunities to broaden our awareness and trial, while maintaining a healthy GM across products listed online.
- Lead the annual strategy development including core strategic platform, creative execution with heavy shopper marketing plans to activate against key shopper insights. Shopper marketing makes up a majority of the plan but the 360 plan also needs to include digital, social media and PR.
- Partnering with the Category, Brand, and Sales teams to identify key Insights and activation opportunities
- Champions internal learning/opportunities and operating routines – internal best practices while also challenging the organization to adopt external best practices/capabilities
- Work closely with the sales team and retailer marketing departments, to ensure AlEn investments mirror retailer priorities and maximize ROI. This will involve travel to retailer offices during line reviews and on a regular basis throughout the year to foster close partnerships.
- Build strategic alliances with non-competing CPG companies to maximize marketing investment and reach new shoppers
- Works closely with the E-commerce team across portfolio to drive demand generation on pure play and omnichannel platforms
- Leads retail marketing planning that conveys a mastery understanding of conversion driving messaging, traffic driving media, solution-based selling, understanding of core shopper behaviors and insight recognition
- Expert in project management developing clear, efficient plans that include cross-functional alignment and agency execution
- Cultivates internal and external relationships to enhance shopper marketing capabilities, serving as a key resource in advancing customer objectives
- Leverages industry relationships, shopper trends and competitive analysis to identify and build strong, effective and business growing solutions People Leadership & Development
- Data oriented with a penchant for setting clear KPIs and driving execution, tracking and optimization of plans throughout the year, to maximize ROI
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
At the end of year one, the successful candidate will have:
- Created a data and insights driven, 360 marketing plan with heavy retailer specific shopper marketing plan that enables AlEn brands to win new shoppers and cement a spot on the shelves of new retailers
- Successfully create a strong KPI measurement, tracking and optimizing routine, with regular updates to leadership including optimization efforts that communicate responsible stewardship of the marketing investment.
- Enhance all digital and social media capabilities and platforms that help us reach our shopper at the right time with the right message on the path to purchase
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader with a minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in developing and executing shopper marketing plans across a variety of US retailers. She or he will possess a blend strong of insight expertise, digital/social marketing, retailer landscape/shopper/activation expertise, with a strong preference for those who have worked in consumer goods or related sectors. This person should have knowledge and experience of creating 360 marketing plans with a heavy shopper focus, so a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of marketing: agency management, insights driven foundational campaign, creative creation and execution, digital, social marketing, PR and how all this comes together for maximum efficiencies.
We are looking for individuals who possess a blend of work experience in both large and small enterprises—someone who understands the complexity and necessary rigor of working in a scaled, multi-billion organization, but can also work in a mid-market rapidly expanding business. Experience building a shopper marketing function from scratch is a plus. Equally as important is a bottom line, results-oriented focus and affinity for and comfort level with numbers and metrics.
Therefore, candidates will have demonstrated a minimum of 8 years of experience leading multiple shopper marketing teams in large and small companies. They will have advanced through positions of increasing levels of responsibility, with a clear track record of evolving and improving how those teams performed, worked with other critical functions, and supported top- and bottom-line growth. The candidate should be able to point to specific brands/retailer partnerships their leadership was integral to developing, launching and sustaining, and their business impact.
The successful candidate will have the ability to challenge the organization and continuously drive it to relevant and evolving commerce landscapes, tools and platforms. A deep understanding of the omnichannel nature of retailers and interaction between pure play, omnichannel and brick & mortar is key.
Behaviorally, the ideal candidate will be a proactive and collaborative leader. We are looking for someone who can lead change in a collaborative manner and enhance the knowledge of the organization in the shopper marketing space, while doing so.
An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree in business, technology or related field is a plus.
Bilingual: Spanish is preferred but not required.