The Senior Trade Marketing Manager is critical in translating brand initiatives into sales and channel specific strategies to drive sustainable, profitable growth. This position will lead the development of high-performance selling materials to enable the sales organization to be successful during their interactions with retailers. The role will support the development of sales strategies that accelerate the success of all annual initiatives. This position serves as a critical member of the annual business planning process owning the commercial planning function that is ultimately integrated into the annual plan. He/she will act as the gate keeper of all materials and content that is required for the annual “selling season” which generally manifest in Line Reviews or Joint Business Plans. This will include orchestrating a best in class annual sales meeting that will showcase all selling materials to support customer line reviews.
USA CEO > Vice President Sales > Director Trade MKTG & Category Strategy > Senior Trade Marketing Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Package marketing strategy in a way that is consumable by retail buyers
- Customize and translate 4Ps into retailer specific strategies based on deep understanding of customers, categories & consumers to maximize profitability
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure that activation plans aimed at consumer push tactics for innovation or consumer pull tactics for core items are aligned to retailer strategies
- In conjunction with Marketing and Revenue Growth Management, act as the CPG retail landscape expert in the development of DSMPs for each core pack & channel
- Develops rationale and recommendations for Pricing structure of all New Product Introductions utilizing established pricing principles
- Represent the customer’s viewpoint to improve the effectiveness and applicability of innovation GTM strategy.
Selling Materials and National Sales Meeting
- Acts as the focal point between Category Management, Brand Teams, RGM and Finance to integrate category growth stories, brand selling stories, innovation and pricing into best in class selling content.
- Act as the National Sales Meeting Project Leader, working across all functions to deliver selling content: presentations, samples, mockups, displays, promotion plans, JBP templates….
- Oversees timelines and is responsible for providing Sales Account teams with timely selling tools and materials for product launches.
- Regularly maintains and centrally stores changes to
- Sell Sheets, Specs, Ship Timing
- Price List changes or additions
- Collaborates with the Innovation team and leads the Trade development, selling materials and commercialization of New Product Introductions
- Plays a critical leadership role in the development of the annual Commercial Plan
- Builds the commercial planning timeline and manages cross functionally utilizing regular check-ins with the intent of leveraging the National Sales Meeting as the key milestone for delivery of all selling content
- Set key customer performance targets and proactively identify 4P opportunities using in-depth understanding of the customer’s capability, market position & willingness to execute.
- Tracks progress against key selling initiatives and strategic account authorizations
- Maintains and monitors
- Line review timeline calendar and tracker
- Sell in Tracking & Reporting
- Leverages monthly in store retail audits to track execution of DSMPs against targets
- Provides monthly Executive updates
- Attends and participates in customer line reviews to enhance sell-in as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of seven years total experience in a Sales, Marketing, and/or Sales Support role within the consumer package goods industry
- Strong understanding of the business, category, and customer priorities and ability to use the planning process to find common ground
- Ability to work in a team setting and work cross-functionally
- Strategic thought leader that provides strong data-based insights to all levels of the organization
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Employee must be able to multi-task under pressure
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience and success in project management
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS-Office in the MS-Windows software, Excel, PPT, Outlook
- Effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically up to 25% is required.
- Knowledge of budgeting principles.
- One with a strong passion to succeed and perform to the company’s best interests. A high energy person with a positive, can-do attitude.
- A strategic leader and entrepreneurial mindset who is a self-starter with a strong drive for results and success. One with a competitive attitude with a will to “win” in the market, and one who can make decisions.
- Sets personal stretch goals and objectives and develops plans to meet them.
- Ability to preplan, prioritize, and organize multiple sales objectives and initiatives.
- Best-practice oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving ability at both strategic and functional levels.
- A customer-centric sales leader with skills in customer experiences and innovative thinking.
- A team player who collaborates and works closely with other functional areas of the organization. One who puts the company ahead of himself/herself.
- Takes a hands-on approach. Is precise, and into the accuracy and the details.
- Includes and develops high performing collaborative teams. Have influence in all levels within the organization. Read and manage people according with their needs and profiles.
- Well organized, disciplined with good time management.
- Boardroom presence yet hands-on style.
- Adaptability and able to deal with ambiguous situations.
- Transparent, open, and frequent communications style with excellent presentation skills.
- Impeccable integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment.
- Potential of growth as a leader within the organization.