The Head of Ecommerce has the unique opportunity to build an ecommerce function for a fast-growing business. He/she will expand on and execute a preliminary ecommerce growth strategy starting with Amazon, Walmart and Target and evolving to other retailers eventually. The Head of Ecommerce will oversee the build-out of all necessary and size-appropriate organization, processes, systems, and controls that will drive optimal performance. He/She will have the leadership qualities to lead the organization through change and drive towards a common ecommerce vision.
AlEn USA is transitioning to an agile innovation methodology and organizational structure under which there will be a dedicated team of cross-functional roles that will be working on ecommerce. This structure and focus will help set up ecommerce for success within the organization. Additionally, the Head of Ecommerce will have a close working relationship with the various cross-functional leads who will be instrumental in providing information and input including marketing, RGM, finance, packaging and supply chain. We expect this individual to be a critical leader in both driving and enabling ecommerce efforts across the company, interfacing seamlessly with multiple functions.
We are searching for a Head of Ecommerce to report to our VP of Marketing. The Head of Ecommerce will manage and execute best in class eCommerce growth initiatives to drive sales and provide a market competitive customer experience. This candidate will work closely with cross-functional partners and agencies in executing a clear road map that aligns with our business priorities.
Data-driven and entrepreneurial, the Head of Ecommerce will be responsible for the execution of our pure play and omnichannel eCommerce strategy to support our company’s rapid growth. They will identify opportunities to broaden our revenues on the eCommerce landscape, while maintaining a healthy GM across products listed online.
• Drive profitable eCommerce business for all brands across the USA and manage eCommerce operations
• Identify needs and areas of opportunity, guide best practices to further drive the businesses and recommendations based on results to increase sales, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
• Optimize the digital shelf
• Manage demand generation. Work with Marketing and Sales teams to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns for current products, innovation, key occasions and other online traffic-driving activities
• Support strategy to drive retailer.com sales and work with internal sales teams to ensure offline strategies are executed seamlessly with online
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams on development of online-exclusive products if needed. Ensure concept, forecasting, and marketing assets are delivered to meet business needs. Ensure holistic execution of omnichannel & pure-play portfolio.
• Collaborate with Marketing to ensure placement, imagery, pricing, product descriptions, and POS are up to date
• Attract, retain and develop new innovation talent to the AlEn organization, including technology, digital, design, research and other key disciplines
• Foster collaborative and supportive cross-functional working relationships, including appropriate transparency into innovation activities, challenges and opportunities
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
At the end of year one, the successful candidate will have:
■ Create an ambitious and stretch vision for ecommerce leveraging the unique attributes of brands in the portfolio and consumer segments they speak to, strength of the organization and knowledge of the market landscape.
■ Successfully launched an optimum and profitable AlEn portfolio on Amazon and potentially Walmart and Target.com.
■ Identify and on-board the right partners to work with: marketing management and fulfillment
■ Identified Phase 2 retailers for expansion and put together roadmap with the right portfolio
■ Created a strong cross-functional ecommerce support team with established processes and KPIs within AlEn
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in ecommerce. She or he will possess a blend of ecommerce, digital marketing, technology and strategy experience, with a strong preference for those who have worked in consumer goods or related sectors.
We are looking for individuals who possess a blend of work experience in both large and small enterprises—someone who understands the complexity and necessary rigor of working in a scaled, multi-billion organization, but can also work in a mid-market rapidly expanding business. Experience building an ecommerce function from scratch is a plus. Track record of managing and growing a $50M+ ecommerce business is required. Equally as important is a bottom line, results-oriented focus and affinity for and comfort level with numbers and metrics.
Therefore, candidates will have demonstrated a minimum of 5 years of experience leading multiple ecommerce teams in large and small companies. They will have advanced through positions of increasing levels of responsibility, with a clear track record of evolving and improving how those teams performed, worked with other critical functions, and supported top- and bottom-line growth. The candidate should be able to point to specific ecommerce businesses their leadership was integral to developing, launching and sustaining, and their business impact.
Candidate should be able to manage a comprehensive ecommerce business with experience is both the product management/digital shelf management piece as well as the demand generation piece.
The successful candidate will have the ability to translate offline brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that enable the company to profitably achieve that goal.
Behaviorally, the ideal candidate will be a proactive and collaborative leader. We are looking for someone who can lead change in a collaborative manner and enhance the knowledge of the organization in the ecommerce space, while doing so.
An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree in business, design or technology is a plus.
Bilingual: Spanish is preferred but not required.