The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for identifying opportunities, solving operational and business challenges to enhance profitability throughout the company by analyzing, compiling research and improving the supply chain performance. Responsibilities include:
- Provide thorough analysis on logistics supplier contracts to ensure best value and service for ALTIVIA, including rail, barge, trucking, and international shipments
- Catalogue and internally communicate relevant rates and other transportation costs to internal ALTIVIA stakeholders (Commercial, Accounting)
- On-board new carriers following the company policy
- Help evaluate supplier operations (e.g. railcar leasing companies, barge companies, railroads, other third parties) according to performance and safety standards by monitoring performance metrics set by Logistics Manager
- Monitor and advise on Key Performance Indicators, provide information to Logistics Manager to utilize in supplier reviews
- Effectively recommend change, when needed, from one logistics supplier to another
- Analyze and provide recommendations to procure (purchase or lease) logistics assets in line with commercial and production plans
- Monitor contracts in line with current plant activity and established agreed-upon limits
- Build a network and provide innovative solutions and recommendations for our transportation needs
- Aide in monitoring maintenance management and compliance by creating effective systems
- Analyze certified logistics maintenance companies and provide options to the Logistics Manager
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping regulations
- Review contract compliance internally and externally
- Help to create and monitor a system of organized records of vehicles and asset schedule
- Recommend most efficient routings for all shipments
- Use innovative measures in route and mode selection
- Provide ad hoc presentation as needed to internal stakeholders on logistics supplier cost, performance, and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics or related discipline, MBA preferred
- Individual must have 2+ years of logistics/supply chain experience in an analyst, planning, or management position.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Critical thinker with ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
This is a part-time MBA internship for this position, with the potential to convert to a full-time hire dependent on performance.