Summer 2021 Technical Marketing Intern Co-Op/Intern – (82576)
Location: Austin, Texas, US
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
TECHNICAL MARKETING INTERN
Are you technically savvy with an interest in developing creative marketing ideas for complex solutions to affectively reach a global audience in a world full of distractions? If so, you might be a fit as a Technical Marketer at AMD. As a Technical Marketer, you will be engaging cross-functionally with our BU, Marketing, and Engineering teams to best position and promote our accelerator solutions to customers and developers. As part of your role, you will be authoring presentations, developing web strategies & content, blogs, and other collateral materials. Additionally, you will be engaging and presenting to key partners and internal stakeholders. Your role as a Technical Marketer will garner executive exposure and your inputs will be valued.
- Cross-functional leadership – work with engineering, marketing, PR and sales to drive the AMD accelerator solutions agenda with internal and external audiences
- Technically proficient and capable drafting or program managing the creation of all related marketing material (presentations, web content, whitepapers, solution briefs, etc.)
- Bridge the gap between product marketing and engineering and articulate technical value propositions as crisp messages to customers and developers
- Help to drive lab activities to generate proof points and claims
- Goal oriented with great organizational skills
- Proficient PC and computer graphics skills
- Project oriented with strong communication skills and the ability to drive teams to project completion
- Ability to create “out-of-box” ideas in marketing complex solutions to less informed audiences
- Possess strong communication skills
- Team player and a self-starter
- Handle dynamic change and fast paces with a positive attitude
- A strategic thinker and an excellent story teller
What we would like to see:
- (Preferred) BS/BA and currently working towards a MBA with strong technical acumen
- Previous marketing experience with enterprise servers and data center customers would be a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of deep learning, frameworks, data center GPUs, GPU-accelerated applications, high performance computing space is a plus
- You must be an exceptional communicator with the ability to make complex concepts simple
- Expertise in taking an analytical approach to problem-solving and scaling growth
Requisition Number: 82576
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.