Acts as a subject matter expert for data collection and analysis for the business development efforts of the Segment Standards & Services Department with a focus on the Intellectual Property & Distribution (IP&D) program. As a shared resource, supports segment objectives and GIS Division projects as needed.
Assists the Director of Intellectual Property and Distribution with the global distribution of API products while ensuring efficient operations of licensing including customer service, fulfillment, inventory management, marketing, royalty allocations, and sales report consolidation. Supports sales leadership and other department heads with data analytics and insights to proactively manage and optimize business strategy, processes, and performance.
· Compiles sales reports and provide business development analysis in support of IP&D go to market projects and other segment projects requiring data engineering and business acumen.
· Collaborates cross-functionally to define and prioritize delivery of integrated products, solutions and capabilities.
· Acts as department liaison with IP&D IT department as API implements new technologies and platforms across departments to drive efficient processes.
· Recommends and implements standards for customer service and monitor practices and procedures to improve API’s customer service and image in the marketplace and improve member value. Works with other GIS program managers to enhance data analytics and support market growth.
· Participates and assists with negotiations for revenue-generation and vendor contracts for the Publications program.
· Creates and maintains large datasets that include client royalty requests, IP permission requests, customer lists, and departmental revenue streams.
· Monitors and tracks sales/royalty financials as they relate to business growth, and reports on progress towards meeting the programs business objectives.
· Assists in the development of business plans for new and revised self-supporting programs.
· Supports budget development and tracking for IP&D Program.
· Provides some copyediting, layout, and production assistance for annual API Publications Catalogue, biannual Composite List, and all API Translated Standards.
· When required, works with outsourcers to ensure an accurate finished product in a timely manner.
· Processes requests for electronic files, scanning, graphics creation/manipulation, and other customer requests in a timely manner.
· Assists with other self-supporting program operations in the Global Industry Services Department as needed.
· Presents data analysis and conclusions in written and oral formats to API leadership.
· Reports to the Director, Intellectual Property & Distribution.
· Interacts with clients and customers at all levels.
· Interacts with API committee members and internal department staff including Accounting, Contracts, IT, and Legal.
· Interacts with third-party distributors, service providers, and vendors.
· Requires 5-7 years of experience in a similar role and subject matter expertise.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, or other related field equivalent work experience.
· Degree in business management or data analysis preferred.
· Experience working with revenue-generating programs, preferably in the intellectual property, publishing, and/or statistics areas.
· Proficient in Adobe and Microsoft applications (especially Access, Excel, Adobe Professional, SharePoint, and Word)
· Proficient in data analytics tools (e.g. Power BI, Google Analytics, etc.)
· Familiar with databases, order fulfillment, customer service, inventory management, meetings registrations systems, financial systems, and other management systems and tools.
· Strong business, financial management, marketing, customer service, sales/analysis, and reporting skills.
· Attention to detail and prioritization skills.
· Excellent organizational, time management, and communications/interpersonal skills.
· Excellent writing, creative problem solving, and analytical skills.
· Ability to research and assimilate information accurately from a variety of sources.
· Ability to effectively manage simultaneous assignments with minimal supervision.
· Ability to follow instructions and adhere to program policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Prolonged periods of standing.
· Capable of lifting up to 20lbs on occasion.
· Up to 25%
Percentage of travel time expected for the position, where the travel occurs, such as locally or in specific countries or states, and whether the travel is overnight.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all-encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
API is an equal opportunity employer. Our success in maintaining a reputation for professional excellence depends on selecting the best qualified candidates. Achieving this objective means that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or such other grounds as may be covered by applicable federal, state and local law.