Amherst is a real estate private equity firm with multiple equity and debt strategies. Holistically, Amherst currently has AUM of $5.8bn across our debt and equity strategies. Amherst Holdings real estate private equity business was established in 2012 after multiple decades in the residential mortgage securities investment banking business. Amherst’s private equity business has grown from 34 employees in 2012 to 1000+ today. Amherst continues to grow rapidly to capitalize on increasing industry opportunities.
Real Estate Private Equity:
Our Single Family Residential Equity strategy (Amherst Residential) has quickly scaled over the last 5 years to own and operate 25,000+ homes in 30 markets across 21 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. Across the SFR strategy, Amherst has raised almost $2.5bn in equity and arranged approximately $5.7bn in debt financing over the last five years and is currently investing more than $150mm a month in single family real estate assets.
Summer Associate Internship:
The Summer Associate will support our corporate FP&A executive team by providing financial analysis, business modeling, and strategy development and work on functional projects.
During the summer program, you will be exposed to senior leadership and executives across all Amherst businesses to fully understand how we operate.
• Assist internal teams to develop and update long-term corporate models
• Perform financial model sensitivity analysis on various operating scenarios
• Assist the team with developing a business plan/budget which ties back to corporate models
• Perform cost analysis that helps the management team understand the fixed/variable costs and key performance drivers of various business units
• Forecast the borrowing base as portfolios acquire and transfer assets
• Work with teams to identify new financial modeling techniques & tools to support financial forecast and analysis
• Partner with team to analyze and update system reports, maintaining a high level of data accuracy and integrity and troubleshoot errors
• Work on projects as assigned but also have strategic ownership of a summer-long project that you will present to a cross-functional group of leaders at the end of the summer
What’s in it for you:
• Meet a network of professional relationships who are willing to teach, listen and mentor from across the firm
• Get direct access to Amherst training platforms, tools and resources
• Opportunity to receive a full-time job offer upon completion of a successful internship performance
• Currently pursuing MBA with special interest in Finance, Real Estate
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field; Finance, Math, Business, Economics, etc.
• 3+ years of experience in finance, strategy, accounting, investment banking, or private equity, preferably with exposure to real estate
• Experience building complex financial models and analyzing and interpreting data, advanced Excel skills preferred.
• Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment