2021 Strategic Sourcing Manager-20008770
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure, and robust training & development.
Procurement & Sustainability is an INFLUENTIAL strategic function at the world’s leading Beer Company. We go beyond traditional cost management, delivering results by partnering across ALL business functions through leading-edge category management initiatives. Our Team challenges and develops innovative sourcing solutions negotiating the most valuable deals and a total cost of ownership approach. Through Sustainable Sourcing we are leading the way to our Better World Dream and our 2025 Sustainability Goals!
If this sounds like you, then we encourage you to apply to our Sourcing Manager role! In this role, you will be challenged with project work owning category strategy, developing business cases, exploring innovative solutions, and leading supplier negotiations. Throughout this 12-24-month program, you will gain valuable exposure to a wide variety of business areas such as Marketing, Packaging, Raw Materials, Logistics and Sustainability. Sourcing Managers will deliver innovative quality solutions and present to Senior Leadership.
The Procurement Sourcing Manager acts as an owner in line with the category vision strategy, by respecting all 4 of the key purchasing processes at AB InBev (requirement management, supplier management, sourcing, and business alignment)
Develop the sourcing strategies for the Category Scope:
- Develop product and supplier information
- Evaluate product specifications requirements
- Analyse market trends and assess supply base
- Identify cash flow opportunities through reduced costs, payment terms, and efficiencies
- Negotiate and contract sustainable sourcing solutions
- Provide recommendations to Category Director and present results to Senior Leadership
Develop and lead innovative sourcing initiatives:
- Perform business case for sourcing scenarios
- Collaborate with suppliers and partners to develop innovative design changes
- Explore creative solutions to deliver on our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Identify supply chain efficiencies through our Supplier Value Creation platform
- Provide sourcing and innovative recommendations to Category Director & Senior Leadership
Past Project Examples:
- Partnering with our farmers to source a software solution to track critical data for our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Assess innovative new financial instrument for hedging freight and develop business case
- Explore contractual assets with MLB, MLS, and affiliations to gain value opportunities with partners
- Master degree in Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent.
- English language proficiency is essential.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Collaborative mentality & effective communicator
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Strong PC and presentation skills
- Strategic & conceptual thinking
- Capable of independently leading multiple projects simultaneously
Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the beer industry. For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into America’s cultural fabric. We employ more than 18,000 people nationwide, all united by a passion for making great beer and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are home to several of America’s most recognizable brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a portfolio of regional and craft brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting beers in the industry.
At the core of our company are our people, who we believe are our one sustainable advantage. Our people are curious, ambitious, resilient, and never satisfied with our results. We see challenges as opportunities, push boundaries, and thrive under pressure. We empower our employees to act as owners to achieve our shared Dream: Bringing People Together for a Better World.
Are you up for the challenge? Then a career at Anheuser-Busch might be for you! Visit us at anheuser-busch.com/careers to learn more.