Job Profile Summary:
In this 12 to 15-week program, MBA Summer Interns will have the opportunity to see the spectrum of value-based care strategy, operations, finance, and marketing. This program offers access to senior executives and the chance to learn from an extensive network of colleagues across many disciplines and specialties. Interns will partner with a senior leader to help with ongoing strategic initiatives, and learn about the inner workings of a value-based healthcare organization.
Directs the development and delivery of strategic and tactical information, analysis and recommendations concerning the organization’s competitive position in the market place, industry trends, forecasts and regulatory issues acting as a trusted advisor to Senior Leadership on strategic projects/studies of advanced scope, magnitude and complexity.
· Education: Currently pursuing Master’s degree in business or related field
· Licenses/Certifications: (None)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills
· Five (5) to Seven (7) years of professional work experience.
· Advanced understanding of industry data elements and business management.
· Advanced proficiency in analytical and statistical tools to analyze and interpret data including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
· Highly curious strategic thinker with in-depth analytical skills, strong critical thinking ability, continuous attention to detail, with an interest in market and economic trends, and a desire to sit at the intersection of finance, operations, and marketing.
· Strong interpersonal skills interacting with key stakeholders including the ability to effectively communicate a large volume of information in a succinct and clear manner.
· Manages multiple projects simultaneously in a timely and accurate manner and works independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Develops strategic information in a clear and concise manner by measuring, validating and reporting timely and accurate data (e.g., annual market research report and multiyear payer activity and inpatient/outpatient utilization forecasts, population forecasts, and inpatient uninsured utilization throughout the service area relevant to Apex business) to advise key stakeholders on Apex’s position in the market, impacts on the business strategy, and new services, areas, or competitors.
· Develops membership trends and assists in analyzing return on investment for growth initiatives.
· Investigates market activity, analyzes past performance and assesses future trends by continuously evaluating market developments, staying aware of potential threats and reporting data trends.
· Consults with Senior Leadership interpreting market data to support or modify business direction.
· Develops and implements cross-functional data strategies in support of company-wide goals.
· Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Apex policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
· Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
Company Information can be found at www.Apex4Health.com