The FUEL Rotational Employee spends one year as a contributing team member and takes responsibility for key projects to enable process improvements, improved financial visibility, and to support business growth within a function or the assigned area. In this role, the employees rotates to a new job each year for three years. The objectives are to learn quickly, build relationships, make contributions, gain knowledge, deliver results, and develop oneself.
- Education: bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent degree
· MBA preferred
- Experience working in finance or accounting preferred, but not required
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to change roles and/or location at the end of each assignment
- Proficient in MS Office products required: Excel (intermediate level), Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and lead efforts across multiple Ascend locations globally
· Solid grasp of tools (spreadsheets, databases) for analyzing data
- Ability to interface and communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Demonstrated attention to detail, sense of urgency, and ability to learn quickly
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and building a structured environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Able to work within and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast paced, changing, high energy environment
- Action oriented and motivated to deliver on commitments
Selected candidate will complete three of the four rotations and project will be assigned based on business needs and objectives at the time of rotation.
- Operations Finance. Based at one of our large manufacturing sites, either: Pensacola, FL; Alvin, TX, or Decatur, AL. The employee will improve their understanding of key cost drivers to deliver the lowest operating costs without compromising safety and develop an understanding of the manufacturing value chain.
· Related projects and activities: assist with capital project analysis and justification, validate/update operating models (peak energy/utility usage), work on chemical volume-based and capital project economics, analyze purchase price tiers for raw materials, and asset reviews for tax validation
- Business Planning and Analysis (Commercial Finance), based in Houston, TX. The employee will gain knowledge of the Ascend commercial organizational, products, and customers. This includes exposure to business planning and strategy plus commercial contract and pricing structures.
- Related projects and activities: support development of commercial annual operating plan (AOP) and long-range plan (LRP); customer relationship management (CRM) system dashboards; product business case analysis; support market research and competitive intelligence
- Treasury | Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), based in Houston, TX. The employee will receive treasury, credit, and M&A experience, while also learning enterprise valuation knowledge, project management, negotiation skills, contracting knowledge, presentation/communication skills, and competitive and strategic business intelligence.
- Related projects and activities: develop an understanding of cash flow forecasting, global cash, credit collections, investor relations, capital markets, financial modeling, and banking relationships; assist with M&A target identification and valuations; maintenance and contributions to the target database; coordination of due diligence and integration work streams
- Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) | Corporate Accounting, based in Houston, TX. The employee will see all the parts of the FP&A process and learn project management, and presentation/communication skills.
- Related projects and activities: (M&A) work on the integration synergy of new acquisitions to include financial processes and systems; create checklists for future M&A integration actions; work with corporate accounting on valuation analysis, and any GAAP reporting issues. (Planning & Forecasting) lead or participate in a project to improve rolling forecast process. (Reporting) participate in project to redefine the Management P&L; further analysis of PPV calculations/process; GAAP reporting optimization
- Varies by role, department, and area of responsibility
· Reporting manager and location varies depending on rotation