Aurea, the Netflix of business software, is seeking a Chief of Staff (COS) to lead strategic projects and initiatives across all critical functions of the company – including marketing, sales, support, engineering, operations and services. The COS will work collaboratively with members of Aurea’s executive leadership team and report directly to Scott Brighton, Aurea’s CEO.
Aurea helps global businesses accelerate digital transformation through unlimited access to the world’s first business software library. Our customers enjoy access to every product in our portfolio, all of which are cloud-based, enterprise-scale and easy-to-use, with one simple subscription. Our unique operating model and acquisition strategy grows our software portfolio every year, creating unparalleled value and unlimited possibility.
The COS will be responsible for leading CEO sponsored strategic initiatives impacting all areas of the business. These initiatives, typically 1-6 months in duration, drive long-term improvement and rapid growth in Aurea’s business. The COS will work with key stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and will report progress to the CEO and the ELT. The COS will get broad exposure to all elements aspects of the enterprise software business in driving these initiatives as well as the inner workings of a world class executive team, providing an excellent training ground for a long-term leadership role in technology.
· Lead the execution of strategic business initiatives across the organization, and regularly communicate results and progress
· Manage the goal setting process and track progress against key strategic goals
· Coordinate the annual strategic planning process and quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors
· Establish agenda topics, attend and monitor weekly, and annual leadership team meetings
· Work with the CEO’s Executive Assistant to help prepare for critical internal meetings, events, customer meetings, and other important CEO agenda issues
Qualifications and Key Selection Criteria
Core skills and capabilities
· Exceptional communication skills with the ability to lead and influence across various levels of the organization
· Outstanding conceptual and strategic thinking skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· A strong project manager with the ability to drive toward decisions and results across multiple initiatives simultaneously
· Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn
· Socially adept with high emotional intelligence and influencing skills
· Unusually high bandwidth, and comfort striving towards aggressive goals
· Detail oriented, with a keen eye for what may often go unnoticed by others
· A confident, resourceful self-starter with the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy CEO
· Comfortable in a dynamic environment where change is an intrinsic part of every day in a fast growing company
· Direct communication style
Education and work history/experience
· 5-10 years of previous experience, ideally in software or technology or in a professional services environment (consulting, VC, PE, law)
· Undergraduate degree from a top 50 university
· MBA from a top 20 program preferred
· Compensation: $100/hr ($200K/year USD)
· 40 hrs/week
· Due to our employment model, we are unable to accept candidates working on a student visa or any other type of visa unless citizenship obtainment is already underway.
· Willingness to travel internationally approximately 1x quarter
· As Aurea has a number of high exposure positions to fill at this time, MBA applicants may qualify to interview for other positions at the same rate of pay including but not limited to roles in our Commercial, Product and/or Operations divisions