The Summer Associate position is a temporary 8-week position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with strong analytical ability and a strong interest in economics and the application of economics in areas such as antitrust, finance, and/or intellectual property. The work of a Summer Associate can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects range from industry and subject-matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of empirical analysis.
BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. This position is located in our Houston, TX office.
Summer Associates work closely with experts in the area of Economics. Experts in Economics assist clients in various industries by applying the principles of economics, statistics, accounting, and finance to address complex issues that arise in dispute resolution in areas such as antitrust and competition, intellectual property, and commercial damages. As an Associate working in Economics, you will work closely with experts in the field, learn industry details and client business operations, and leverage quantitative data and qualitative research to answer questions specific to each project.
- Develop and work with electronic databases, spreadsheets, and other files as dictated by project needs.
- Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review, and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public, and commercial databases).
- Review and synthesize produced documents, data, depositions, etc. and create summary work product.
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods, and computer models to test theories and solve problems.
- Participate in a team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in group practice meetings and travel as needed.
- Progression towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an interest in and knowledge of economics, finance, accounting, statistics, econometrics, or other related subject.
- Familiarity with MS Excel and statistical analysis programs (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, R). A desire to expand those capabilities is expected. Experience with relational database program(s) (e.g., MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle, Teradata) is beneficial but not necessary.
About BRG: Berkeley Research Group, LLC (BRG) is a global consulting firm that helps leading organizations advance in three key areas: disputes and investigations, corporate finance, and strategy and operations. Headquartered in California with over 40 offices around the world, we are an integrated group of experts, industry leaders, academics, data scientists, and professionals working beyond borders and disciplines. BRG strives to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is instinctive, not an initiative. We celebrate and value the diversity of our professionals and are dedicated to maintaining a truly inclusive work environment where all individuals feel respected and valued. We harness our collective expertise to deliver the inspired insights and practical strategies our clients need to stay ahead of what’s next. BRG offers a competitive total compensation package. In addition, our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, holiday time, health insurance, retirement, and more. BRG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.