Job ID R111879Updated date 05/11/2021
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Business Manager – Checking & Engagement
Summary: As a Senior Manager, Business Analysis at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you’ll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Capital One’s Retail Bank has seen robust growth in recent years, and the Checking and Engagement team (C&E) is spearheading the strategy to maintain that positive trajectory. However, Customer disengagement and attrition – driven by myriad factors from never fully onboarding, capability / feature opportunities, and servicing pain points – are major obstacles to achieving growth escape-velocity. The Customer Engagement Strategy (CES) team within C&E leads the strategy to engage and retain our Customers. The space is rich in low-hanging fruit and there are opportunities to drive outsized results and business impact.
CES is searching for a lead for our digital engagement team which is currently staffed with two Senior Associate Business Analysts. The leader and team will leverage numerous inputs to forge a strategy to deepen Customer relationships. This person will foster relationships and will influence roadmaps across multiple partner teams including Digital Product, Marketing, and Servicing. The team will work backwards from segment-level needs to identify opportunities to improve experiences Customers truly care about and suggest solutions that are win-win for both Customers and our business objectives.
The role offers an incomparable opportunity to flex cross-functional influencing muscles across the Bank. If you have strong analytical, strategic, and people leadership skills and are inspired to leave a mark on the Bank’s growth journey, we would love to hear from you!
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, and potentially P&L accountability for a business segment. Strategic planning with a 1-6 month horizon
- Leadership: May manage and develop a team of analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct to consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through various channels. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
- 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.