About the job
Chaucer America is seeking Managing Consultants with deep Agile skills to join our Agile Practice.
You will bring unique skills that align with our Agile Practice, working within an Agile project governance framework. You will know how to establish a team cadence, run Scrum ceremonies, facilitate backlog refinement sessions and you will be experienced in leading client Agile delivery teams, managing issues, planning risk mitigations, and holding weekly status meetings. Previous consulting experience is a must, with a track record of successful delivery in a client facing environment.
If you have 5-10 years’ experience in a professional consulting environment then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for well-rounded mid-senior level consultants with a track record in Agile and enough experience in other areas of consulting to feel comfortable adapting to different project environments. For example, you will have experience in one or more additional Chaucer Practice areas such as Project/Program Management, Change Management, Technology, Data etc. If you specialize in Agile and/or Agile coaching exclusively this may not be the right role for you.
We love curiosity and imagination and people interested in sharing innovative minds, entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative working habits.
We embrace diversity, we welcome unconventional backgrounds and we love passion, enthusiasm and selflessness. Attitude is everything.
We invite you to join Chaucer’s modern family in the United States and help us improve lives. Please consider joining our friendly team, collaborating with us and helping both our clients and our people by bringing your unique contribution to the table.
We are excited to meet you!
Want to find out more about Chaucer? Let us share our story with you at https://www.chaucer.com/
Who is Chaucer?
Chaucer is more than a digital transformation consultancy.
Real world, real work, and real value, that’s the Chaucer commitment on every transformation we do. We deliver good-sense, human-centred strategies, that produce the results you need. We understand the possibilities can seem endless.
Challenges are complex, technology ever evolving, and business goals pressurised and diverse. Working with you, your people, your partners, and business leaders – we will give your transformation real focus, to make sure the right possible is achieved.
We have over 30 years’ experience working with clients in Life Sciences, Public Sector, Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Energy, Media & Telecoms, delivering:
- Agile Delivery
- Cyber Security
- P3M Delivery
- People Development
Chaucer’s clients are global leaders in addressing digital challenges in highly regulated environments.
We transform clients beyond a technology focus, developing their culture and improving their strategy and operating models to enable them as digital enterprises. In this way, we create new value for customers, employees, shareholders, and the wider community.
Chaucer offers clients unparalleled service backed by generations of industry expertise. Our cross-industry collaboration and lack of silos means that knowledge gained in one area can help shape the future in another.
Our linear operational style and our people are what set us apart from the competition. We deliver this through our commitment to knowledge sharing and an emphasis on strong modern family values. We promise to do work that “improves lives”.
Our Brand Values
Agility – Collaboration – Energy – Empowerment – Learning
Our 5 brand values are a representation of modern family values and express our uniqueness, our diversity and our ability to be ourselves in the workplace.
Our people are an important and valued part of a rapidly growing, progressive consulting business that awards autonomy and provides the ability to shape careers across digital transformation without the confines of rigid hierarchy and process.
Every employee is empowered to make a real difference.
Our people uphold the family values that are the backbone of Chaucer and provide valuable expertise. You bring who you are to the table. Bringing together our expertise, our personality and our modern family values defines the Chaucer brand.
You must have US work authorization and live within reasonable commute of Boston, NY, Chicago or Houston.
You will impress us with your polished general consulting skills:
- Ability to work autonomously and manage teams independently
- Collaborative leadership style across functional teams
- Adaptable verbal communication style that is both IT and business friendly
- Effective stakeholder management – managing expectations and communicating effectively
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Robust project management skills (timelines, risks, dashboards, actions, minutes, etc)
- Some knowledge of business intelligence (BI) and data visualization software such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
- An understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Performance Metrics
As described above, we are specifically looking for Agile Managing Consultants who have additional experience in at least one other Practice as well as Agile Delivery:
- Agile Delivery – Agile Mindset; Enterprise Agile; Scrum Delivery; Team Level Agile
- Innovation – Innovation Strategy, Innovation Flow & Lifecycle, Design Thinking, Services & Products
- Change – Change Management, Culture Change, Agile Change Management
- P3M Delivery – Project, Program and Portfolio Management, Benefits Tracking & Assessment
- Communications – Creative Comms, Crisis Comms, Product Marketing, Strategic Comms
- People Development – Learning, Coaching, Knowledge Management, Facilitation
- Cyber Security – Audit & Assurance, Data Protection Services, Information Security Capability Delivery, Operational Security, Information Risk Management
- Strategy – Business Design, Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategy Advisory, Target Operating Model
- Data – Business Intelligence, Cloud Architecture, Data Migration, Data Strategy, Basic Coding
- Technology – DevOps & Service Management, Digital Workplace, Enterprise Architecture & Digital Platforms, Technology, Sourcing & Financial Management
Ideally you will have industry experience in one or more: Energy, Life Sciences (Pharmaceuticals, Biomedical Technologies and Healthcare), Financial Services, Consumer Retail or Public Sectors.
Every Chaucer employee is empowered to make a real difference and is celebrated for being different. We embrace diversity of all kinds and welcome applicants with non-traditional consulting backgrounds.
Our modern, people-centric family values remain the top priority for Chaucer and our passion for doing work that improves lives sets us apart from the competition.
Chaucer believes in conducting business for the greater good. We embrace all aspects of corporate social responsibility in a way that permeates everything we do, including not only the way we interact with our own people but with our various communities as well as the environment.
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity be part of a fast-growing entrepreneurial community in the United States that is one-of-a-kind.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not require sponsorship or renewal of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Chaucer.