Condire Investors is seeking a hard-working graduate business student with previous experience in the natural resource industries for a summer internship with the investment team at our office in Dallas, TX. The intern will work directly with investment professionals on research projects. We are looking for bright, well-rounded individuals with a work history in mining, energy or related industries. An engineering or physical sciences background is preferred. We prefer candidates with 3-5 years of work experience either in industry in a technical, business analyst or corporate development role, and/or at an investment banking or consulting firm. Candidates should be strong self-starters who can excel in a team-based environment. Condire offers a great opportunity for the right graduate student to gain experience at a globally-focused investment firm.
Application Process: Please send resume and cover letter (along with test scores and GPA) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MBA – Summer Research Intern” in the subject line.
• Analyze investment opportunities in the natural resources and related industries such as mining, processing and equipment companies
• Direct additional effort to financial modeling and industry/sector research
• Conduct industry research, including background and overview work on target sectors such as supply/demand trends, macroeconomic and political factors impacting the industry/sector and competitive analysis
• Perform company and project analysis, including deep dive analysis of specific companies and projects in the target industries
• As opportunities are available, attend industry conferences and site visits to projects globally
• Help coordinate the firm’s team of geologists, engineers and other technical specialists to perform deep dive diligence on complex projects and situations
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
• Permanent U.S. Work Authorization
• Ability to work in summer 2021 in Dallas, Texas office
• Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record required
• Technical background in engineering, physical sciences or geology is a plus
• Comfort level with accounting and financial analysis
• Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
• Self-starter capable of working closely with Condire’s principals
• Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn, especially with respect to the physical sciences
About Condire Investors:
Condire Investors is an investment firm formed in 2012 that focuses on companies in mining, energy and other natural resource based sectors. Our investment team is comprised of former engineers, geologists, and financial analysts, and the staff of ten is based in Dallas, TX.