About the job
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Corporate Strategy Senior Analyst
The Strategy & Business Development team at Cornerstone Building Brands is looking to add a talented candidate who demonstrates the ability to bring creative thinking and problem-solving skills to complex issues.
The Corporate Strategy Senior Analyst is responsible for providing support to the corporate strategy team by combining industry and market aligned long-term thinking with near-term revenue goals – all based on a deep foundation of customer insights and analytics. Assessments and insights provided by this position inform and influence investment decision. This individual contributor role is a true value-add partner and considered the business liaison, data translator, project manager.
This position reports to the Director, Market Intelligence & Business Strategy.
This presents a unique opportunity to join a market leader pursuing a growth strategy and to be part of a team at the center of developing and executing on that pivot.
Our team’s success is driven by:
- diversity of thought combined with collaboration
- asking the questions others are not
- sifting through the noise to identify and focus on what matters
- being decisive using the best information we have, then continuing to drive deeper understanding
- Clear, persuasive communication
- Guiding others to successful outcomes in their businesses
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Comfort in an unstructured environment
- Proactive problem-solving
- Ability to digest & synthesize complex issues
- Data-driven decision making
- Ability to identify & prioritize competing priorities
- Evaluates both the data of the company itself as well as data from competitors and others in the industry, in order to discover ways to improve their own company’s market position.
- Profiles the market and competitive environment, providing insights that support recommendations on strategic decision-making to senior leadership.
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
- Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Works with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence to ensure that appropriate communication channels are maintained. Collaborates internally to ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modeling and analysis.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience; preference for consulting, corporate strategy, banking, corporate development
- MBA preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, with a proven ability to present information clearly, succinctly, and effectively
- Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints.
- Must be willing to take hands-on approach to triaging complex situations or escalations and lead cross-functionally to resolve them
- Strong analytical and influencing skills with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to changing priorities
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of the organization