About the job
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Sr, Financial Analyst position at our DTTP – Waller, TX location. The Senior Financial Analyst provides complex financial analysis. Monitors actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts and budgets. Gathers, organizes and documents relevant financial information. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
**May also be filled as a Financial Analyst**
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin’s American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Goodman Manufacturing Inc. is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. Goodman’s products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 1200 distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 60,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities – there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company – our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.—an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Subsidiaries include Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, Quietflex, Motili and TMI.
May include in addition to;
- Responsible for preparing the Operational Budget for the division in partnership with the Director of Finance and members of the Leadership Team
- Review supporting presentations from selling business units and department heads ensuring they contain consistent data and aligned corporate strategic message
- Ensure operational business units contribute accurate, timely and informative content that is meaningful and relevant for senior staff discussions
- Work with operational leaders within the organization to establish budgets, revise forecasts and explain actual results versus plan for balance sheet and cash flow metrics
- Prepare revised Quarterly Budgets for the company as the fiscal year progresses from each quarter to the next
- On a weekly basis, prepare company forecasts in collaboration with cross-functional team members and provide explanations for variances from prior expectations
- Prepare the monthly reporting package for review by the Director of Finance and Leadership Team
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast the division’s business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations
- Provides input and participates for the annual and long range planning process
- Perform budgeting and forecasting
- Develop, and maintain, key performance metrics and scoreboards
- Significant data extraction, ad-hoc reporting, and project, based analysis
- Act as a proactive business partner, advising and making recommendations based upon financial projections and historical performance
Nature & Scope:
- Works within knowledge
- May provide guidance
- Make process improvements
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly analytical with an insatiable curiosity to get to the root cause of issues, explain information to management, and provide for improvements.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as this role will work closely with various departments, vendors, legal and key executives.
- Exceptional computer skills including Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and Excel; SQL or similar.
- Expertise in building and analyzing financial models
- Strong general ledger accounting experience and monthly closings
- Proficiency with reviewing account reconciliations and performing account analysis
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
12 + years preferably working for a large high volume manufacturing company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s Degree a plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. The manufacturing area has high volume production with forklift traffic. Certain areas may have higher sound levels in which hearing protection is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.