The DaVita Redwoods Summer Associate program is a 10-week summer internship based in Denver with a cohort of 20+ MBA interns. Summer Associates lead a high level strategic project that will directly impact a variety of operational and strategic initiatives that span DaVita’s global business. Similar to a consulting style project, you will assume accountability and ownership for that project during your 10 weeks. Potential summer project teams include corporate strategy, DaVita Venture Group, operations innovation, finance, patient experience, hospital partnerships, government business and marketing.
In addition to your project, the summer internship is filled with opportunities to learn and engage with senior leadership, including weekly executive sessions, executive dinners, emotional intelligence workshops, lunch & learns and town halls with the CEO. After a successful summer internship, Summer Associates are ideally offered a position in the Full-time Resident Leadership Development program upon completion of their MBA.
The summer curriculum includes:
- Strategic Project
- Work on a project that has real impact on our business. Potential project teams: strategy, field operations, integrated kidney care (start-up)
- Cohort Experience
- Join a cohort of 20+ MBA interns. Collaborate on your projects, build your network and explore Denver
- Access to Senior Leaders
- With weekly executive sessions, executive dinners and town halls with the CEO, you will have unique access to DaVita’s senior leaders
- Coaching & Mentorship
- Develop your skills as a leader through feedback and coaching from senior leaders as well as executive and peer mentors
- Frequent opportunities to give and receive feedback
To learn more about past projects and Summer Associate roles, visit www.davita.com/redwoods
Ideal Qualifications (No healthcare background required):
- Outstanding leadership skills and a track record of results
- Excellent teamwork abilities and emotional intelligence
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with high level of ambiguity
- Strong analytical competencies
- Ability to analyze short and long term needs
- Demonstrated high impact communication skills
- Passion for DaVita’s mission and values
- Permanent US work authorization required
Summer Location: DaVita World Headquarters – Denver, CO
Full-Time Location: Nationwide opportunities available
- All interviews will be virtual for fall 2020 recruiting
- First round interviews include two interviews (one business case, one behavioral)
- Second round interviews include two interviews (one situational case, one behavioral)
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE SUBMIT A “Why DaVita” STATEMENT IN LIEU OF A TRADITIONAL COVER LETTER:
At DaVita, our mission and values are more than just a slogan on the wall; they’re integral parts of our workplace. DaVita is a community first and company second that’s committed to building the Greatest Healthcare Community the World Has Ever Seen. In 300 words or less, share your “Why DaVita?” statement and why you’d like to be a part of the Redwoods Leadership Development Program. Please be sure to include your name on the “Why DaVita” statement.
DaVita, a Fortune 200 company, is a leading global provider of kidney care. We do healthcare, but we are not about healthcare. We care about the lives of our patients, teammates (employees) and partners, and the communities in which we operate around the globe.
DaVita was founded on the principle of being a Community first and a Company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.”
“To be a special place, we need our Village to be diverse and have every teammate feel like they belong. When this is done right, it feels like family and that’s how I want all teammates to experience our Village.” -Kenny Gardner, Chief People Officer
DaVita Kidney Care delivers dialysis services and education to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. With a track record of innovation, DaVita has many internal entrepreneurial startups that span across several lanes in healthcare. Some of these include DaVita Integrated Kidney Care, our integrated care group for patients with kidney disease and Nephrology Care Alliance, our business that scales and deploys tools to nephrologists to support the transition to value based care.
As DaVita continues to lead through the COVID-19 pandemic, our Village is strong and growing.
To learn more about DaVita Inc. visit