Strategic Business Development & Operations
The telecommunications industry is going through a major transformation within its network driven by several technology shifts, including 5G, the virtualization of the network functions and advancements in OSS/BSS including utilization of AI/ML. Dell Technologies is the leader in being the essential infrastructure company in the date center, the cloud, the core, and the edge and is making significant investments to drive products and services into the telco network. The Telecom Systems Business Unit (TSB) is a rapidly growing global organization comprised of specialized experts dedicated to strategically and intimately partnering with Telecom customer who are deeply engaged in a transformation within their network by delivering best-in-class technology and service solution based on offerings from Dell Technologies.
The TSB Market Development organization aims to set the industry standard for jointly driving Telecom Transformations with customers and partners. The TSB Process and Business Planning professional will support this global, cross-functional account team via various planning and business management initiatives. They will work to define, implement, and manage the execution of the various processes and structures that enable the Market Development team to effectively execute and report out to the leadership team. This entails clearly defining and gaining agreement on goals, requirements, and measures of success, improving existing or defining new processes and driving their adoption.
The TSB Process and Planning professional must demonstrate leadership values, embrace a collaborative working environment, bring together disparate resources and points of views, and thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment.
· Assigned to multiple processes and planning initiatives that require global execution with high cross-functional complexity and strategic importance to TSB Market Development
· Support the TSB Market Development Strategy and Operations Lead and the global account teams on specific account and corporate process and planning structures
· Align cross functional stakeholders to ensure a single source of truth for said structures
· Manage distinct processes and planning activities, ensuring visibility and consensus on stakeholders, roles and responsibilities and reporting
· Implement and manage process governance models with executive cadences and appropriate dashboards to closely track, report and escalate.
· Act as the connection point across and within the various strategy and operations functions, realizing dependencies, identifying gaps and implementing contingency plans.
· Evaluates and implements best practices techniques that ensure goal achievement
· Influences and manages continuous improvement of project/planning processes, practices, and initiatives
· Maintains in-depth awareness of trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet requirements
· Aligns stakeholders through clear direction, partnership, and communications
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Smartsheet is a plus!)
· Advanced communication, problem solving and presentation skills
· Detail oriented
· Possesses some knowledge in business management, planning and process design
· Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Preferably 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a MBA
- Understanding of the sales and pursuit management process; Ability to identify opportunities to adapt to specific needs.
- Self -motivated and able to work in a matrixed organization, dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task.
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment; flexibility to work extended hours during peak periods.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.