The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) offering portfolio pairs leading acquisition and divestiture experience with broad global scale and industry and functional depth. Our Human Capital M&A team renders results that help our clients transform their Human Capital practices in ways that lead to significant savings, a leading edge on competition, and greater efficiency.
Our approach to integration / divestiture planning and execution focuses on identifying potential risks, developing an end-state vision and strategy, and supporting clients to implement maximum value realization opportunities. Our Human Capital M&A team performs activities across the M&A life cycle including:
- Ensuring overall Talent / People / HR strategies are aligned with overall corporate strategic objectives
- Identifying HR, culture, key talent and retention related risks
- Planning for Day 1 readiness and/or managing post-merger integration
- Building support, understanding and advocacy for the creation of the new organization to executive leaders
- Designing organizations that align to the future operating model and preparing to transition the workforce
Work you’ll do
Consultants in Deloitte’s M&A offering portfolio serve as trusted advisors to their clients in both the corporate and private equity space. They lead workstreams as a part of a larger engagement, including managing client relationships. They deliver client engagements that identify, design, and implement Merger & Acquisition services, with a focus on Organization Transformation and HR Strategy & Excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Change Management and communications: Assist in the implementation of change management strategies related to M&A. Empowering leaders to lead their people through the transaction, enable managers to support employees, and create an environment that reduces anxiety, minimizes disruptions and fosters enthusiasm for the future. This includes organizational change and impact assessments, creating holistic change management programs, managing stakeholder and employee engagement and delivering effective internal and external communications.
- Cultural Alignment: Understand and assess legacy cultures, define a future-state culture, and develop plans for how to cultivate that culture.
- HR Functional Integration: Lead the integration of HR Functions including HR Systems, Service Delivery, Total Rewards, Payroll, Leadership Development, and Talent Strategies
- Workforce Optimization: Imagine and transform the composition and capabilities of the workforce to match the needs of the future of work in this age of technology disruption. Deliver end-to-end transformations of workforce programs, services and processes to identify, build and incent to drive success of organizations and their workforces. Deliver solutions within each workforce domain: Branding & Acquisition; Rewards & Well-being; Performance, Learning & Career Mobility; Leadership & Teaming; Diversity & Inclusion
- Organization Strategies: Assist in the development of organizational design to enable future-state strategy. This includes supporting the design of combined or separated operating models and the accompanying organizational structures and facilitating the overall workforce transition processes to optimize roles, responsibilities and performance in the future organization.
M&A | Restructuring and Cost Transformation
Our mandate is to enable our clients’ ability to grow, optimize, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position. We do this via M&A, divestiture, and restructuring services from beginning to end. Our Offering enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
Our Human Capital professionals work closely with clients around the world to develop effective and efficient people-centered solutions. Our team helps clients define their talent strategy and align it with their executive business vision using innovative strategic frameworks that enhance HR service delivery models, set the stage for continuously improving operational excellence, and reimagines the HR brand.
New technologies, platforms, processes and systems are meaningless without the capability to leverage them to the fullest. We are often amazed at how much investment is put into new solutions as compared with the time taken to upskill the HR organization itself. After all, it’s the HR professionals who are truly impacting and delivering the customer experience. Working with Deloitte enables you to focus on building the culture and capabilities you need to deliver for the future so that they don’t get stale in the context of today’s ever-evolving business demands.
- Minimum two years and MBA or 5+ years of relevant experience in a consulting and/or industry role, including change management initiatives, communications development, organizational design and development, HR strategy or operations, and /or talent solutions.
- Experience supporting and/or delivering Human Capital M&A projects, including restructuring, enterprise cost reduction, due diligence, assessment of transaction risks, target screening, integration planning and execution, and/or post-merger integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR functions & processes, with experience in one or more of the following areas: HR Strategy, HR Employee Experience, HR Operating Models, HR Mergers & Acquisition (M&A), HR Outsourcing Advisory, Rewards/Compensation, and HR Technology
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- MBA or graduate degree in HR or Organizational Behavior (preferred but not required)
- Experience in HR, Consulting, and/or Corporate Communications.
- Experience supporting workshops, large meetings, or presentations to senior leaders.
- Ability to execute a project plan, managing to deadlines and paying acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and ability to work effectively across teams, levels and varying cultures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS PowerPoint), data analysis (MS Excel, Tableau, or SQL) and report writing.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18275