Do you want a career where you can join an evolving Fortune 400 company that is focused not only in sports, but making the world a better place? If so, the DICK’S Sporting Goods (DSG) Executive Development program is for you. Join a cohort of MBA students from some of the top business schools in the world to work on pressing business issues and present your solutions to executive leadership. Throughout the program, you will have multiple mentors from all levels of DSG, extensive exposure to various senior executive and C-suite leaders, and the chance to attend various networking opportunities with the leadership team and the Board of Directors. You’ll also get the opportunity to enjoy all that Pittsburgh has to offer by participating in special MBA-only social and cultural events.
DICK’S Sporting Goods is looking for teammates to participate in our MBA Executive Development Program (MBA EDP). Once hired, you will spend from 13-24 months in a rotational program designed specifically for top-tier MBA talent. Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side and learn from experts in technology, retail, and in the sporting goods industry.
The program is designed to allow you to build key relationships across our business and develop insights which will prepare you for future leadership positions, all while working on both high-visibility and high-priority projects or initiatives.
The first seven-months of the program are focused on on-boarding you to both DICK’S Sporting Goods and our Strategy team. From there you will move into our Global Merchandising Organization where you will work under the direction of both our merchant leaders as well as our Sr. Director of Strategy. Once establishing a strong knowledge of DSG’s core business, you will have the opportunity to either join the business or if you’re interested, take on a flex rotation to deep dive into another strategic function (i.e. technology, eCommerce, marketing, etc.)
This program will also give you an opportunity to network and build relationships with key stakeholders on various teams including Strategy, Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Technology, etc. The experiential learning throughout the program will allow you to rapidly become a contributing member of the team focused on driving results while focusing on your own personal development. If you join us, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an enthusiastic team culture, a dynamic career environment, and to make a meaningful difference in our business.
Learn and perform job duties in critical business functions including:
· A robust on-boarding to DSG and retail
· During the strategy rotation, you will work both independently and with peers to lead high-priority strategic projects, with report out to the Sr. Leadership Team.
· Opportunities to interview for a Special Assistant to a C-suite executive is possible
By being a part of the program, DSG will provide you with the following:
· Ownership + Deliver of Projects – You will work on high visibility projects and key initiatives
· Leadership Development – We will prepare you to be a leader through training and experiences
· Career Exploration – You will work and network across various functions as well as new leaders of the company
· Career Long Support – You will regularly meet with our team of career coaches to ensure you will always know “where you stand”
Past analysis and work performed by MBA hires at DSG:
· Formulate long term strategic forecasts for DSG by leveraging internal and external market data to understand the sales opportunities and growth
· Build strategy to retain new customers during the COVID-19 pandemic
· Strategic analyses of the female DSG customer, the footwear customer, etc.
· Recommendations for new and modified brick and mortar and eCommerce concepts that were put into action
Start Date: TBD
Compensation: Competitive compensation package including salary, sign-on and annual equity opportunities, sign-on bonus, full relocation, merit and performance bonus eligibility. Not to mention free parking, retail discounts, supplemented health club membership, etc.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Currently, teammates are working remotely as we navigate the pandemic until September 2021)