MBA Corporate Development Intern
Sales & Business Development | San Francisco, California
Position may be removed prior to deadline.
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
As a Corporate Development MBA Intern, you will partner closely with cross functional leaders to drive corporate and strategic initiatives including market research/analysis, target scouting, deal execution and integration. You will also help to execute and integrate M&A opportunities. The focal point of the internship will be 1-2 research projects to assess landscape(s) for potential growth opportunities that align with our product strategy and agreement cloud vision.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Corporate Development Senior Director and is designated Flex.
- Work with Corporate Development, Product, and Sales leadership to identify areas of potential growth
- Deliver insightful analyses of market opportunities around both M&A and investments
- Quantify both synergies and risks related to the identified areas of strategic interest
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and assist in building relationships with key players in the industry
- Build effective relationships with colleagues from across the organization
- Candidates must be enrolled in an MBA program during the internship and for at least one quarter/semester after the internship
- 4+ years of pre-MBA experience that includes experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, private equity/venture capital firm or strategy and corporate development at a technology company
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, navigate challenging data sets, and deliver actionable insights
- This role is not eligible for CPT, OPT or sponsorship now or in the future
- MBA from a top-tier school is a plus
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams, prior exposure to high-growth work environments, and a strong understanding of SaaS business models and go-to-market principles are all highly desirable
- Effective, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and self confidence
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.