Rotational Program Associate
Corporate Office, 15445 Innovation Dr, San Diego, California, United States of America Req #919
Monday, January 11, 2021
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Scope of Job:
As a Rotational Program Associate, you will spend two years going through an immersive program designed to build the skills necessary to succeed in the renewable energy industry, and of course, potentially at EDF Renewables.
The program consists of up to four different rotations in different functional assignments. The overall goal of each rotation will be to cement the RTP Associates’ understanding of EDF RE’s internal processes, financial modeling standards, projects phases and strategic goals and vision. Below is a summary of the rotations and training involved:
- First Rotation:
The first rotation will be located at the company headquarters in San Diego, California. This could include opportunities to rotate in various departments, such as Performance Reliability Engineering (PRE), Asset Management, Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, Pre-construction, Construction, Project Finance, Valuations & Transactions, and Program Management.
- Additional Rotations:
There will be up to three additional assignments in different business units of the company, each culminating in several deliverables of varying sizes and time commitments. Additional rotations may focus on a more hands on experience in development and the operation/maintenance process. RTP Associates will have the opportunity to move to a regional office or stay at the company headquarters. A rotation in the regional offices will provide an opportunity to work closely with developers and focus on land acquisition, permitting, interconnection, and transmission planning. Other rotations may involve working with EDF RE’s Operations and Maintenance and construction management teams out in the field.
- EDF Renewables University (3%):
Along with their rotational work, the RTP Associates will provide support in planning the EDF RE University educational series (“The U”), which showcases the knowledge of teams across the company and provides ongoing and highly applicable learning opportunities to all employees. The goal of The U is to provide continuing on-going training opportunities to employees, to establish a culture of teaching and learning, develop employees with broad, applicable knowledge across business units and encourage more interaction and teamwork with employees from different business units. Each month, a new speaker and topic will be presented.
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
Supervision of Others:
The ideal candidate must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, and will possess the following attributes:
- Prior work in the renewable/traditional energy industry desired but not necessary
- A background in Data Analytics, Mathematics, Information Technology, engineering or other technical background or work experience is desired
- An interest in working across multiple business units and functions, with the intent to utilize this cross-functional experience to accelerate their career and improve processes at EDF Renewables
- Goal oriented and focused on team success
- Ability to perform at the highest level in an ever-changing environment
- Strong ability to analyze market data and think analytically
- Competency in economic modeling
- Desire to step into ambiguous situations and drive action and results
- Passion for renewable energy
- Geographic flexibility and willingness to travel and relocate
- Masters-level degree in a quantitative orientation or an MBA. Candidates should have at least an undergraduate background in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or Business.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Hands-on experience with programming languages such as R, Python, C, or Java
- Ability to query, analyze and report conclusions using tools such as Excel, MySQL, SSMS, Tableau etc.
- Experience with Data Science and Operations Research a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, reporting, and speaking.
- Knowledge of software development in the AWS cloud a plus.
- Ability to research the existing literature and state-of-the-art studies to develop innovative mathematical models.
- Ability to work independently and to develop proposals, with meticulous attention to detail.
- A quick learner with an ability to synthesize information from different sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 software required and excellence with Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Project; Teams; and PowerPoint strongly preferred.
- Friendly, outgoing nature, with a good business sense
- An ability to be comfortable and successful in a high-energy organization
95% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. 5% of time is spent outside of the office attending various conferences and meetings.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary