EDPR NA is a fully owned subsidiary of EDP Renovaveis, the renewables arm of the Iberian Utility, EDP. EDPR operates in  geographies, with over  GWs of wind and solar projects in operations in the US.
The successful candidate will be joining a flourishing team of  professionals who are dedicated to structuring the capital stack for all of EDPR’s North American renewable energy projects. This will include wind, solar, offshore wind and storage technologies. Since  the EDPR NA finance team has raised over $5 billion in financing for wind and solar, making EDPR NA the fourth largest developer in North America.
EDPR expects to continue this growth pattern by investing heavily in the growth plan for North America. EDPR NA is expected to develop, build and finance over 1 GW of projects each year under the current Business Plan. To achieve this, EDPR NA employs various financing strategies, which are originated, structured and negotiated by EDPR NA’s finance team. The main source of financing for North America has come through tax equity investments from the large Institutional Investors and Financial players in the US and project finance in Canada and Mexico.
The Candidate will be a key member of multiple deal teams at the same time and is primarily charged with structuring investments by utilizing sizable and intricate Excel models and supporting due diligence activities. Within this work, extensive analysis is performed on each transaction in terms of economic returns (before and after tax and from both the Sponsor’s and the investor’s perspectives) as well as how such transaction structures perform under various sensitivity scenarios.
The Candidate will also take ownership of various operating partnerships refinancing activities, including restructuring and buyout valuations and negotiations, under the guidance of senior finance team members.
A successful candidate will be a strong team player, capable of juggling multiple assignments at one time and equipped with applicable skills and experience to make an immediate contribution.
- Structure and analyze complex Tax Equity Investment and/or Project Finance for Onshore and Offshore wind, Solar and Storage Technologies, that incorporates Equity sale Valuation and Tax Analysis.
- Manage transaction due diligence processes and perform underlying research with internal EDPR NA teams and external parties (auditors, technical consultants, etc.)
- Review relevant financial analyses performed by junior staff to assist with structuring and diligence of third-party financial transactions
- Model new financial structures and products, identified by senior Finance team members, in collaboration with Tax team, using best practices such as benchmarking, process analysis and VBA programming.
- Assist with ongoing partnership restructuring, operating partnership related financial decisions and/or buyout activities, as required
- Review and/or prepare all materials required for assets marketing (teasers, info-memos, factsheets) and for required approvals at the EDPR and EDP decision making committees
- Additional duties as required
Direct reports: None
Travel: 0 – 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering or related field; MBA/Masters of Finance desirable
- 6+ years’ work experience in energy or finance
- Hands-on knowledge of complex valuation and financing/economic modelling
- Direct work experience in the tax equity or project finance industry is desirable
- Understanding of Microsoft products and/or complementing products preferred.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Strong Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment.
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary