The Summer Associate for the Energy Assessment department will assist our team with operational windfarms tasks. This is a 10-week full-time and paid internship that will start on or around June 1, 2020.
· Support the development of software tools using SQL server, R studio, Excel, Visual Basic, C++ that will be used to analyze operational wind farms.
· Machine learning and big data tools.
· Develop R studio programs that streamline the process of creating report.
· Manage SQL server for uploading new data and updating tables.
· Knowledge in Wind energy (wind analysis, power curve verification)
· Knowledge in Windographer.
· Additional duties as required.
• Must be in the junior or senior year of undergraduate study or currently pursuing a graduate degree
• Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Advantage Knowledge of SQL and R studio
• Experience with data management
· Strong analytical skills
· Problem-solving ability
· Oral and written communication skills
· Ability to be self-motivated
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary