Egen is a data engineering and cloud modernization firm helping industry-leading companies achieve digital breakthroughs and deliver for the future, today. We are catalysts for change who create digital breakthroughs at warp speed. Our team of cloud and data engineering experts are trusted by top clients in pursuit of the extraordinary. An Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company 7 times, and recently recognized on the Crain’s Chicago Business Fast 50 list, Egen has also been recognized as a great place to work 3 times.
We are looking for a self-starting and passionate Business Analyst to be a key member of our Strategy team. In this role, you will work on high-visibility projects for our Leadership Team to help drive our aggressive strategic direction. You will gain hands-on experience in marketing, finance, operations, partnership development, sales, and other key areas.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the strategy team, you’ll help evaluate and execute growth and strategic partnership opportunities. You’ll also help our business development team support business and product development opportunities. As a business analyst, you must have a mix of strong business and technical skills. You will support multiple projects simultaneously, be highly self-motivated, and enjoy solving hard problems. This is a highly visible role and critical to our success, and you’ll have the opportunity to grow rapidly in this role and gain senior executive exposure across a variety of industries. This position is a great way to learn our business and have a profound impact while offering accelerated responsibilities and career growth opportunities.
· Analyze the company’s strategic objectives and identify and recommend and pursue business opportunities and new technologies that meet our growth objectives.
· Perform research on new technologies, as well as identify industry and competitive trends.
· Support the executive team on aspects of business development, which include research, analysis, and creation of pitch, marketing, and commercialization materials.
· Support coordination of cross-functional engineering, design, and product teams in the evaluation of technical employees, technology solutions, and other product diligence.
· Identify areas for integration of new technology infrastructure and other IT systems.
· Take on special projects on an as-needed basis.
· Bachelor/Master’s degree from a reputed university
· 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, technology-focused corporate development and strategy, due diligence–focused management consulting or technology-focused firms.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability, along with excellent business judgment
· Experience doing industry research, completing competitive landscaping and comparisons, doing value chain analyses, and building presentations
· Experience interacting with senior audiences and executives
· Strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the process, manage long-term projects and multitask
· Experience working with concepts and technologies behind Big Data analytics, SaaS, predictive analytics, and predictive maintenance
· Driven self-starter with a passion for excellence and an ability to work under minimal supervision
· Superb interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build relationships successfully across teams
Additional Preferred Skills:
· Navigates well in a fast-paced and often changing environment with competing priorities.
· Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and is a self-starter.
· Exhibits creative problem solving and decision-making skills, with a strong analytical thought process.
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and builds strong relationships across functions.
· Takes ownership and drives a sense of urgency; highly accountable.