The Business Control Advisor will assist in the compilation and delivery of IFRS and/or US GAAP based financial statements, reporting packages and analysis to local management, parent company, and the US and Canadian partnerships. The Advisor will also develop processes, drive continuous improvement in financial reporting and coordinate in external audits for ENGIE North America partnerships and JVs. This position is located in Houston, TX and will report to the Accounting Director.
What you’ll do:
- Compile financial statement reporting packages to ensure they comply with IFRS and/or US GAAP based on the ENGIE Group and various partnership reporting requirements.
- Coordinate in the statutory and external partnership audits. Provide working papers including consolidated worksheet, and draft notes disclosures under IFRS and/or US GAAP.
- Assist in the budget and full-year-forecast process for various partnership entities for selected underlying budget assumptions.
- Coordinate internal reporting activities for various partnerships that include responsibilities of gathering data, providing analysis, preparing stub-period financial statements for the tax group, making recommendations, driving productivity initiatives and corrective actions.
- Assist in continuous process improvements to achieve financial reporting and audit efficiencies
- Deadline driven with project management skills necessary for cross-organizational coordination and on-time delivery of results.
What you bring:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial reporting or accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in the energy industry as an added asset
- Knowledge about Cartesis, SAP and Adaptive is preferred
- Energy sector planning and analysis experience with relevant academic qualifications and understanding of financial statements
- Deadline driven with project management skills necessary for cross-organizational coordination and on-time delivery of results and presentations
- 2 years of accounting for tax equity partnerships a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Be self-driven and highly motivated to lead a wide variety of initiatives to provide insight and recommendations to the Asset Optimization Leadership team to better position the business
- Coordinate and prepare responses for special requests for the Partnership business unit
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.