EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Structured Finance Advisory Services (SFAS) group, is a group within FSO that specializes in addressing varying needs of market participants in the securitization marketplace across asset classes, including asset- backed securities (ABS), commercial mortgage- backed securities (CMBS), residential mortgage- backed securities (RMBS) and collateralized loan obligations (CLO). The securitization market is a dynamic marketplace, continuously evolving with new regulations and technological advances every day. This a great opportunity to work in this fast-paced transaction business, support diverse engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Your Key Responsibilities
The primary role of the SFAS transaction team is to perform agreed-upon procedures (AUP) to help clients execute securitization transactions successfully.
- Work with and interact with front-office investment banking clients on a daily basis
- Perform loan document review and data reviews on loan files, recalculating fields on data tapes and run exception reports to tie out with clients
- Create collateral stratification tables used for assessing loan pool characteristics
- Perform cash flow modeling on deals to tie out to clients’ loan amortization tables and bond analytics,
- Review offering documents to verify information is accurate, complete, and conforming with industry and market standards
- Draft and review AUP Reports
Skills and attributes for success
Strong leadership, teaming, technical and relationship- building skills and integrity. These skills along with having a consistent commitment to delivering only the highest quality of work products to your clients, will allow you to easily integrate into the SFAS transaction team and reach your professional development goals.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1 year of related work experience. Degree in finance, economics, accounting, engineering or a related discipline; MBA or MS preferred
- Excellent prioritization skills and a commitment to meeting client deadlines
- Strong communication skills for report writing, client presentations and client interactions
- Proficient skills with MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary to meet client deadlines; valid driver’s license and passport to meet travel requirements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior structured finance experience
What we look for
Individuals who demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge, the ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge and possess good business acumen.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.