Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate for our Construction Consulting Practice in Oakland, CA. In this role you will be involved in projects relating to construction claims and contract disputes resolution, litigation services, construction management and construction consulting services.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the preparation and rebuttal of construction claims
- Assisting with the preparation of the quantification of damages; including damages related to prolongation and loss of productivity impacts, change and added scope costs
- Assisting with the preparation of expert reports related to quantum issues
- Meeting with clients and attorneys in connection with construction dispute related work
- Provide support to experts in preparation for testimony in various forums of dispute resolution
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Accounting or Mechanical Engineering (Advanced degree(s) and registration is preferred)
- 2-10 years of experience in project/construction management, construction consulting or accounting
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft software tools as well as other software common to the construction industry and/or data analysis
- Experience in contract dispute resolution and construction claims, litigation services and construction consulting services is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mind and professional approach to work
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.