Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Associate/Senior Associate for our Construction Consulting Practice in Maynard, MA. In this role you will work as part of a team involved in projects relating to project management oversight, project controls, project scheduling review and analysis, construction claims and contract dispute resolution, construction management and responsibilities related construction consulting services, typically serving the utility industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, updating, and analyzing project schedules
- Planning, managing, and analyzing project costs
- Tracking and managing project scope changes and project risks
- Reviewing and managing project documents for claims analysis
- Preparing project and program status reports
- Supporting requests of project leads and clients
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Structural Engineering or Architecture plus 2 – 5 years of industry experience (internships included) or M.S. plus 0 – 5 years of industry experience (internships included). Advanced degree(s), registration and certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of common construction related software including Primavera scheduling software and Microsoft office tools for processing and analyzing large amounts of data
- Experience within the utility industry (i.e. electric and/or gas) is preferred
- Knowledge and basic understanding of Project Management concepts and principles
- common to the construction industry
- Experience in contract dispute resolution and construction claims, litigation services and construction consulting services is a plus, but not necessary
- Ability to work within project teams with a strong desire to contribute
- Effective leadership and management skills and the ability to interact effectively with both internal and external clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.