Houston, TX, US
Job Role Summary
Each year ExxonMobil hires a number of outstanding candidates as accountants and analysts. We are seeking individuals with a minimum of 2 years public accounting, financial analysis or consulting experience, with a CPA license preferred, for available accounting and financial analyst positions. These professional positions are a vital part of the Controller’s organization supporting ExxonMobil’s business lines by ensuring accurate accounting and financial statements for all operations. Candidates must have the ability to learn accounting systems such as SAP and the capability to manage multiple monthly priorities and deadlines.
Job Role Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Analysis of relationships between complex operations, related contracts and financial transactions
• Utilizing and updating computing systems to accurately record financial transactions
• Designing and evaluating controls
• Improving financial and accounting processes
• Providing financial support to operating and financial organizations
Through these activities you will participate in business decisions, improve our processes, and work closely with both financial and business line operating management. Most positions will be located at our headquarters facilities in Spring / The Woodlands, Texas, with others at our manufacturing sites. You can expect to rotate through two to three assignments in the first five to six years allowing for a variety of experiences to build skills and knowledge.
Demonstrated performance may lead to increasing responsibility and opportunities across the financial organizations (business analysis, financial reporting, accounting, and financial controls) and through various business lines (Upstream, Downstream, Chemical) via job rotation. The career path for candidates exhibiting exceptional performance may lead to domestic and international relocation opportunities and significant management responsibility in the long-term.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree required. A degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s) in Finance or Accounting preferred
• Minimum of 2 years public accounting financial analysis or consulting experience, with a CPA license preferred
• Demonstrated analytical, leadership and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn accounting systems such as SAP and other analytic tools
• Ability to manage multiple monthly priorities and deadlines
Alternate Location: Beaumont,Texas || United States : Baton Rouge, Louisiana || United States : Beaumont,Texas
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Financial, Tax, ERP, Financial Analyst, Consulting, Finance, Technology