Exxon Mobil Corporation is the largest non-governmental integrated petroleum company in the world. We are global, diverse, financially strong, and a leader in technology to deliver energy that the world needs. Our global operations create significant opportunities for finance professionals to learn and add value alongside some of the most exceptional industry experts and leaders.
Build a career with us and use your energy to change the world!
Nature of Assignments
Each year ExxonMobil hires a number of exceptional MBA graduates as Financial Analysts. Over a career, outstanding performers will be developed to become the future leaders of our financial organization. Early assignments provide exposure to global operations and a variety of businesses through activities such as:
- Analysis and reporting of financial and business operating results
- Act as financial advisor to operating management on cost stewardship controls, and/or financial processes
- Coordination of a business unit’s financial plan, operating forecast and/or capital budget
- Conduct and lead audits of our business functions and external business partners
- Designing and evaluating financial and operating control systems
- Improving financial and accounting processes
- Providing broad financial support to acquisitions, divestments and corporate restructurings
Through these activities you will work closely with both financial and business line operating management to improve our processes and participate in business decisions. Many of our initial positions are located at our Houston Campus, refineries, and chemical plants. You can expect to rotate through two to three assignments in the first five to six years allowing for a variety of experiences to build skills and knowledge.
We are looking for people who:
Are Inquisitive: Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
Have Integrity: Honest and ethical, do what is right
Care: Respectful and inclusive, contribute to the well-being of our communities and environment
Have Courage: Take initiative, think boldly and take personal ownership
Demonstrate Excellence: Hold themselves to high standards
Are Resilient: Determined, purposeful and steadfast in our principles
Demonstrated performance will lead to increasing responsibility and opportunities across the financial organizations (business analysis, financial reporting, accounting, financial controls) and through various business lines (Upstream, Downstream, Chemicals) via job rotation. The career path for candidates exhibiting exceptional performance may lead to domestic and international relocation opportunities and significant management responsibility.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- MBA or equivalent, with proficiency in relevant areas, such as financial analysis, accounting, data analytics, international business
- Proven record of initiative, leadership and academic achievement
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum two years of prior work experience preferred
- Contact Name: David Merchant
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org