What does a great Director of Product Management do?
As a Director of Product Management you will shape the next generation of modern, intuitive and integrated solutions across the end-to-end customer communication and payment life cycle. Your vision and product strategy will enable Fiserv to deliver world-class capabilities for clients across targeted verticals (Financial, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Utilities and Insurance) which are client-centric, maximize revenue and drive operational efficiency. You will accomplish this via understanding market trends while charting and executing the product roadmap, going deep on business requirements, technical requirements and driving development to speed our time to market.
You will be responsible for the full lifecycle management with a focus on a product line. This includes the utilization of market data and client feedback to inform requirements, evaluate technology trends, and translate product vision into a product roadmap and prioritized product portfolio. In addition, you will support broader go-to-market initiatives to execute against your roadmap focused on specific success metrics including financial targets, product adoption, and client satisfaction. You will understand the financials, pipeline management & the stages of the sales cycle. You are accountable for product line revenue and growth and realizing the full portfolio market opportunity. You will make sure our organization is “always ready” to sell, that is having the right product, for the right segment with the right tools and messaging to drive revenue growth.
Specifically, this role will be charged with the following:
• Product Roadmap and Requirements: Craft the product roadmap and detailed requirements to drive the next generation of solutions leveraging market trends and competitive analysis, user experience best practices and customer needs in the aligned marketplace.
• Product Development: Partner with market management, technology and implementations to develop solutions using development best practices. Identify and execute on opportunities to accelerate the product development velocity.
• Product Expert: Partner with strategic clients to understand needs and architect pan-client solutions, in partnership with application development, operations and implementation partners. Act as a thought leader on industry trends and a subject matter expert on client solution review meetings with our top clients.
• New Product Commercialization: Partner across market management, technology, product marketing and sales to commercialize solutions; including go-to market planning, solution packaging/product collateral, competitive differentiators and pricing that optimize value for clients and Fiserv.
• Business Outcomes: Identify and track operational metrics that enable you to effectively manage your product line with a focus on client and business value. Track, drive and manage product line sales, revenue, profitability goals and client adoption outcomes to ensure value creation.
• Strategic Initiatives: Identify and lead strategic product initiatives (from ideation to product sunset).
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
· Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s degree
· 3+ years of experience in product strategy or product management preferred
· 3+ years of experience in the Financial Industry preferred
· Deep knowledge and experience of product management best practices spanning product development, product management, pricing and packaging (pragmatic marketing experience a plus)
· Experience managing strategic initiatives
· Experience in creating product plans and roadmaps that are client-centric and create value
· Experience in technology commercialization and leading a product line, including; new product (business case) development / introduction, new product financial analysis, business strategy, market validation, market research, and/or data modeling a plus
· Exceptional communication and presentation abilities to interact at all levels of the clients from C-level to technical and operation levels
· Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and make balanced judgments when faced with trade-offs
· Strong analytical skills and ability to build consensus
· Solid thought leadership and the ability to influence others through collaborative efforts
· An ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of constituencies
· Strong results orientation to effectively complete tactical activities
· A high degree of adaptability and flexibility to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Possess an entrepreneurial attitude
· Collaboration, Teamwork and Influencing: Makes sure their business unit or function provides other individuals and groups with the support and assistance required to achieve their goals and targets. Motivates others to work with self. Facilitates collaboration amongst others.
· Market Insight: Understands the implications of industry and market trends for Fiserv’s customers and their clients. Differentiates among types of clients and services. Creates insights about the future of the marketplace.
· Business Acumen: Makes sure their business unit or function provides other individuals and groups with the support and assistance required to achieve their goals and targets. Motivates others to work with self. Facilitates collaboration amongst others.
· Client Focus: Aligns the different businesses or groups that need to be involved to ensure delivery of what is needed when needed to meet our commitments to our clients. Knows the client perspective and uses knowledge to anticipate the client’s requirements. Continually takes action to add value to the client.
About Fiserv Output Solutions:
Fiserv Output Solutions (FOS) provides transactional print, digital, card personalization and manufacturing services to over 6000 clients, including top national & regional financial institutions and credit unions, healthcare, retail and telecommunications institutions. The business was established over 40 years ago and provides critical card personalization and print services to the financial services industry. Our US Operations are located in eight sites nationwide. We manufacture 140M and personalize over 350M credit, debit and prepaid cards annually. We produce 90M healthcare cards and print and mail 3B documents annually. We are a $2B business. Serving our customers from multiple business verticals is at the heart of what we do and this role will be critical to delivering on the promise of our brand and commitment to clients.
Who We Are:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us