Fluence Analytics is a high-tech startup that spun out of Tulane University in 2013. The Company delivers innovative monitoring solutions for polymer and biopharmaceutical companies. These realtime monitoring solutions are vital to the research, development and production of these materials, aiming to reduce cost, improve quality, and minimize the environmental footprint of both industries. One of the products offered by Fluence Analytics is called ACOMP—a smart manufacturing system that provides real-time data on crucial polymer properties during production.
Since the launch of ACOMP, it has received much attention from some of the largest chemical companies around the world. In 2019 Fluence Analytics announced a financing round that was led by Mitsubishi Chemical’s corporate venture capital group and is preparing to publish new content of funded customer work and product installations. To maximize the reach and effectiveness of such activities, Fluence Analytics is conducting several digital business development projects to drive engagement.
The business development intern will work on projects with defined scopes and will have all the necessary tools to conduct successful campaigns. While working with the Senior Manager of Marketing, the Business Development Intern will research and identify target companies and relevant contacts, will learn to utilize and populate the company’s CRM, and will conduct outreach via email and LinkedIn to schedule introductory calls. In addition to working for a burgeoning startup, this project will provide the intern(s) with insight into the chemicals industry. This internship will provide valuable, practical business experience and is an ideal position for an upbeat, intelligent and curious individual with a desire to learn and overcome challenges. Interns may also be asked to support other projects such as marketing and venture financing activities. Fluence Analytics is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated intern.
This is a paid internship that requires a minimum 12-week commitment for Fall/Winter 2021.
- Active student pursuing B.A., B.S., M.S., or M.B.A. in marketing, business management, business administration, chemical engineering, engineering physics or other disciplines with relevant experience
- Ability to work with little supervision and possesses excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in LinkedIn, Google Suite and MS Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated aptitude for critical thinking and analytical problem solving
- Attention to detail and organized
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- One year of combined internship and work experience in market research, marketing, business development, sales, engineering, or related roles
- Course load or work experience in market research, business development or sales
- Hourly wage TBD, minimum of 12 weeks and 20 hours per week