General Management Development Program (GMDP) | Full–Time Job Description
Ready to ignite your leadership career? Join Fortive’s General Management Development Program (GMDP) and fast- track your path to a senior business leadership role in one of our 20+ businesses around the world. The full-time GMDP is designed to invest in the long-term success of our future leaders. In the GMDP, you will build competencies in a breadth of functions, including growth & innovation, product management & marketing, services, and sales, to prepare you for running a Fortive business in healthcare or technology solutions.
The GMDP provides the skills, knowledge and relationships you need to run a Fortive business. Through in-depth Fortive Business System (FBS) training and mentoring, you will be challenged to deliver business results. The program provides networking opportunities with senior leaders across Fortive, and fellow GMDP participants and alums. You will work for the best leaders in our company who will support your development, provide candid and timely feedback, and clear your path to growth for future roles. Additionally, you will enjoy competitive compensation through a combination of base pay, performance-based rewards and company equity, and enhanced benefits that ensure personal and financial health and well-being.
GMDP participants typically move through three to four functional assignments in product management, sales, marketing, our Fortive Business System Office, and our growth and innovation program as an internal consultant (Growth Catalyst) on Fortive’s corporate team. Career paths are customized to you and will likely include relocating to OpCo’s across the globe. Here are some examples of first assignments in the GMDP:
- Product Manager
- Craft andleadthe productvision from ideation through full commercialization.
- Design and execute primary research (“Voice of the Customer”) to identify and define new products, services, and business concepts that meet strategic objectives.
- Perform competitive and market intelligence analyses, including segmentation and opportunity sizing.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing colleagues to develop and execute a marketing plan, sales plan, and account management process.
- Marketing Manager
- Craft and optimize marketing strategy, including analyzing customer acquisition and engagement goals using performance data to drive decision-making
- Keep customers informed by leading end-to-end digital and physical touchpoints, including but not limited to website, social media, web and print collateral
- Provide ongoing strategic insights by developing a deep understanding of an assigned market inclusive ofbusiness trends,best practices, and industry developments
- Work acrossfunctions toconvert leadsfrom opportunities to wins
- Sales Manager
- Drive sales growthand achieve sales targets for assigned product lines.
- Manage and optimize sales channels, develop and implement standard sales processes, and participate in company growth processes.
- Provide daily support for your team in their selling activities, including selling strategy, proposal development, pricing, account management, customer support, and contract review.
- Work closely with cross-functionalareas, including Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Inside Sales, and Finance and Operations to align on commercial priorities and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and responsiveness
Operating Company (OpCo) and Location
OpCo preferences will be collected at time of offer. OpCo placements are determined based upon a combination of your input and the needs of the Fortive business. Specific work location will be determined in partnership with the OpCo prior to your start date and will be in person, remote, or a hybrid, dependent on the OpCo’s needs and current health and safety standards.
- 4+ years of work experience
- Currently enrolled in MBA program or completed MBA or equivalent Master’s degree program within the last 3-5 years
- STEM undergraduate degree or equivalent experiences (e.g. software development, software engineering, product management, etc.)
The ideal candidate embodies the following Fortive9 leadership behaviors:
- Works to deeply understand customer needs and create solutions that make an impact
- Brings a disciplined mindset to create value today and build for the future
- Delivers breakthroughs by taking risks, experimenting and iterating quickly
- Inspires others to have an impact
- Is authentic and humble in supporting your teams to perform at their best
- Faces problems head on to seek and speak the truth
- Wins by getting the right things done and doing what you say you’ll do
- Learns by doing through success and fast failure
- Understands and utilizes the Fortive Business System (FBS); our mindset, toolset, and culture
Employment is contingent on being legally authorized to work in the U.S.. Fortive will not sponsor work visas for this position or provide support for any immigration-related employment benefits.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit:www.fortive.com.
Primary Location:North America-United States-WA-Everett