General Management Development Program (GMDP) Internship Job Description
Ready to ignite your leadership career? Join Fortive’s General Management Development Program (GMDP) Internship and fast-track your path to a senior business leadership role in one of our 20+ businesses around the world. Interns who perform well receive offers for positions in the full-time GMDP which is designed to invest in the long-term success of Fortive’s future leaders. In GMDP, you will build competencies in a breadth of functions, including growth & innovation, product management & marketing, services, and sales, to prepare you for running a Fortive business in healthcare or technology solutions.
Spend your summer building skills and knowledge through project work, coaching, feedback, and a robust network of Fortive connections. As a Fortive GMDP Intern, you will take on a business challenge in one of our Operating Companies (OpCo’s) and will work in one or more of our strategic areas which include: product management, strategic development, marketing, sales, technology solutions. You will be accountable to deliver a solution with meaningful impact. We will work with you to select the best project for your internship based on your skills, interests, and the needs of the business.
OpCo and Location
OpCo preferences will be collected at time of offer. OpCo placements are determined based upon a combination of your input and the needs of the Fortive businesses at that time. Specific work location will be determined in partnership with the OpCo prior to your start date and will be in person, remote, or a hybrid, dependent on the OpCo’s needs and current health and safety standards.
- 4+ years of work experience
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- STEM undergraduate degree or equivalent experiences (e.g. software development, software engineering, product management, etc.
The ideal candidate embodies the following Fortive9 leadership behaviors:
- Works to deeply understand customer needs and create solutions that make an impact
- Brings a disciplined mindset to create value today and build for the future
- Delivers breakthroughs by taking risks, experimenting, and iterating quickly
- Inspires others to have an impact
- Is authentic and humble in supporting your teams to perform at their best
- Faces problems head on to seek and speak the truth
- Wins by getting the right things done and doing what you say you’ll do
- Learns by doing through success and fast failure
- Understands and utilizes the Fortive Business System (FBS); our mindset, toolset, and culture
Employment is contingent on being legally authorized to work in the U.S.. Fortive will not sponsor work visas for this position or provide support for any immigration-related employment benefits.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit:www.fortive.com.
Primary Location:North America-United States-WA-Everett