A new consultant has the opportunity to gain broad exposure to the various aspects of compensation system design including financial, strategic, accounting, legal and compliance and quickly move into the role of project manager with responsibility for client deliverables and management of junior staff. Some examples of project work include the following:
- Analysis of compensation elements, levels and practices to assess market competitiveness of executive compensation
- Analysis of the financial performance of clients and their peer companies to assess performance relative to compensation programs
- Financial modeling and analysis to determine company key performance drivers for development of reward programs that link pay and performance
- Review and analysis of client executive compensation programs in light of proxy advisory firm guidelines and related advisement to client
- Collaboration with client on drafting annual proxy disclosure
- Research of compensation related accounting and tax rules, securities law and corporate governance issues
- Summarizing key findings and developing conclusions to serve as the basis for client recommendations
- Preparation of reports and communication to the client, including presentation at client board meetings
- Analysis of board of director compensation and development of director compensation programs
- Interface with client regarding project work and other items as needed
- Management of project processes and quality control
- Business development for new client business
- Training and development of junior staff
- MBA (emphasis in finance or accounting a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Excellent teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proactive learner and interested in developing new skill sets
- Ability to change directions on a project quickly and easily
Our collaborative, one-firm culture allows consultants to work with others at all levels and across office locations in the firm. Advancement is based on individual initiative and contribution. Motivated self-starters have the opportunity to quickly move up and take on additional responsibilities.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits program which is comparable to those of well-known investment banking firms. Our program includes salary, quarterly and annual bonuses and an annual profit sharing contribution made to each employee’s 401(k) account. Employees also have the opportunity to enroll in the Firm’s medical, dental and vision programs, where the employee’s individual premium is paid by the Firm. Other benefits include vacation (self-determined by the employee), a matching gift program and tuition reimbursement for pursuit of an advanced degree.
This position is located in our Houston, Texas office. Other office locations are New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta and Boston.
About FW Cook – www.fwcook.com
FW Cook is a boutique consulting firm specializing in the design and evaluation of executive and board of director compensation programs. With the largest market share among our competitors, we currently serve over 600 clients including 40% of the S&P 100 and 25% of the Fortune 1000. Our consultants work directly with the executive officers and board members of our clients to design and enhance their compensation systems in support of their business strategies.