ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we connect people, capital and ideas to help solve problems for our clients. We are a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
ABOUT OUR ROLES IN INVESTMENT BANKING
The IBD Summer Associate Program is a nine-week program designed to provide participants with a comprehensive overview of what a career in investment banking entails. The Summer Associate Program is a unique opportunity for individuals to gain insight into IBD in a highly interactive setting. Individuals are placed in one of the following groups: Financial Institutions, Technology, Media & Telecom, Industrials, Consumer Retail, Healthcare, Natural Resources, Real Estate, Gaming & Lodging, Cross Markets Group, and Public Sector & Infrastructure. Our program includes initiatives to help summer associates assimilate into the division and learn the skills required to be successful in investment banking. Examples include comprehensive orientation and training programs, mid-term and final performance evaluations, and various forums designed to provide summer associates with access to the most senior professionals in the division.
IBD Summer Associates will be involved in many of the
• Planning, structuring and executing financing transactions in the public and private markets
• Advising corporations on mergers, acquisitions, anti-raid assignments, sellside transactions and restructurings
• Advising private equity firms on M&A and financing transactions
• Providing specialized services to various industries, including technology, media and telecom, energy and power, industrials, financial services, real estate, healthcare and retail
• Assisting corporates, sponsors, governments and 501c3 clients with capital structure management, bond underwriting and derivative products execution
• Devising and executing strategies that enable companies and institutions to capitalize on the value of real estate assets
IBD Summer Associates should have:
• A keen, long-term interest in investment banking
• Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong quantitative and technical abilities
• An outstanding academic record. While not required, completion of course work in finance, economics and accounting can provide a valuable foundation for the Associate position.
• Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
Complete the Goldman Sachs Apply On-Line application [including GPA] at www.goldmansachs.com/careers. You may express interest in up to three locations and division combinations through this application. The division selections are determined by the location you select. If you do not see the division that is of interest to you please consider choosing an alternate location.