Goodsmith Home Care and Repair, Inc (“Goodsmith” or the “Company”) is tech-enabled, membership-based home care, maintenance, and construction service provider headquartered in Houston. The Company was founded in Q1’20, raised pre-seed capital in Q1’21, and is currently fundraising additional growth capital. As such, we are building the core team to ramp up our growth.
Goodsmith is looking to hire a Head of Member Acquisition and Retention who can develop and implement local marketing strategies to stimulate membership growth and manage member promotions/engagement to ensure retention. Ultimately, the successful tactics will be packaged and rolled out into additional Goodsmith markets as we expand beyond Houston.
- Social Influencer Partnerships: Manage and build Goodsmith’s influencer network while quantifying the impact of each relationship.
- Charitable Partnerships: Manage current in-kind partnerships while adding strategic, new partnerships throughout the city of Houston.
- Grassroots Sponsorships: Project manage Goodsmith’s scheduled sponsorships while also identifying, engaging, and executing additional grassroots sponsorship opportunities in key neighborhoods
- Mailers: Execute and track mail campaigns, optimize distribution and content, and build a long-term mailer strategy.
- Member Newsletter: Draft and distribute a quarterly member newsletter
- Membership Referral Program: Develop and implement a high-quality customer referral program
- Member Communication and Feedback: Develop and implement tools to regularly solicit useful feedback from current members
- Success Tracking: Reporting the cause-and-effect relationship between marketing dollars/efforts and member growth.
- New Market Planning: Draft the membership acquisition handbook for new Goodsmith markets.
- User Experience Optimization: Work in tangent with the Product Manager to implement effective and creative communication tactics to optimize the user experience through the Goodsmith app (due to be released in 2022).
- Focused on continuous improvement and how to continually drive incremental business value
- Ability to build strong relationships particularly with founding team
- Needs to be forward thinking and can envision future state solutions
- Mentally geared towards operational excellence
- Ability to understand the importance of local marketing, local relationships, and local appeal to the brand
- Business analysis
- Strong analysis skills
- Ability to be proactive and handle multiple assignments / results oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Strong documentation and organization skills
• 5 to 7+ years of relevant experience, including management with specific responsibilities for community engagement
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA prefered
• This is a full-time position based at the company’s headquarters in Houston, TX.