- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in strategy consulting firm, corporate strategy, corporate finance, investment banking, or equivalent experience.
- MBA or equivalent experience.
- Experience partnering effectively on cross-functional projects or teams, with the ability to influence without formal authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate insights to executive audiences.
- Project management skills.
About the job
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
Our team works to help the Devices and Services leadership team solve tough challenges. As a Business Strategy Lead in Devices and Services, you are part strategist, part chief of staff, part analyst, part operator. You lead with data and insights and create frameworks to solve business issues that span many teams.
Additionally, you partner with Devices and Services business units and functions, as well as cross-Google teams such as Business Operations, Corporate Engineering, and Corporate Finance to advance cross-Google initiatives. We are the Central Strategy and Operations team for Devices and Services. Our mission is to inform better decision-making in Devices and Services with data-driven insights, tools, and processes. We focus on the portfolio of businesses and advising on specific timely questions, and run operational processes and tools for Devices and Services.
- Lead cross-area analytical and strategy projects that inform decisions related to annual planning, roadmap prioritization, geographic prioritization, and other ongoing business functions, enabling insights and decision-making velocity.
- Lead annual goal-setting and quarterly goal scoring for Devices and Services group.
- Develop the narrative for quarterly Board of Directors updates.
- Identify metrics that matter for the portfolio of businesses, and develop forums for executives to review them.
- Partner closely with stakeholders such as financial planning and analysis, business unit and functional teams. Lead other area-wide initiatives, directly supporting the Vice President of Devices and Services Finance and their Chief of Staff.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.