Full Job Description
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), consulting, or a related function or 1 year of experience with a relevant advanced degree
- Experience with financial analysis and accounting
- Ability to work in ambiguity, self-support, and direct in an unstructured environment
- Excellent financial modeling, problem-solving, analytical, and business judgment skills
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
As a Financial Analyst supporting Technical Infrastructure’s Networking team, you will be an integral finance business partner to the team that builds and operates Google’s network. You’ll become a financial expert, providing insights that have real impact on their businesses. You will collaborate with all levels of the organization to help to efficiently scale. Your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, will be used by Engineering and Finance leaders to make strategic decisions. You will lean on your expertise in accounting, reporting, analysis, and financial modeling to drive business decisions and partner with leadership.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Build financial models that help Technical Infrastructure and Finance make sound financial decisions.
- Work with Technical Infrastructure business partners to plan, forecast, and report on spend, guided by key business drivers.
- Perform month-end business tasks, ensuring timely and accurate financials.
- Collaborate and lead projects with cross-functional teams and partners, including Technical Infrastructure business partners and Accounting, Finance, Internal Audit, Systems, and Engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain a robust reporting suite, including monthly/quarterly reporting packages for executive leadership and dashboards for analytics.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.