Sales / Business Development – Sustainability within Corporate Real-Estate Industry to Gov’t & Fortune 500 Clients
Green Standards – Winner of the CoreNet Global 2020 “Global Innovator’s Award”
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Home Office. DC-Area.
- Green Standards is primarily based in Toronto. This role is for a remote sales professional focusing on business development primarily – but not exclusively – in the DC-MD-VA region of the US
- Semi-annual travel to Toronto will be required for ongoing training & team integration.
- Only individuals who are highly motivated by the opportunity to grow rapidly with a pioneering sustainability company need apply here
Millions of tons of commercial furniture and equipment are sent to the landfill each year in North America, making workplace project waste the next big corporate waste issue. This is now significantly out of sync with the sustainability policies of many corporations and institutions.
Green Standards provides a differentiated solution to this issue, diverting over 95% of this waste stream from landfills, while generating donations to local charities and non-profits, reporting in detail to clients, and generating tax benefits and positive PR. This unique solution has rapidly gained traction with some of the largest organizations in the world, including many Fortune 500 corporations.
We have managed thousands of projects across North America and our Triple Bottom Line impact includes:
- Diverted 85,000 tons of material from landfill
- Generated $32M of in-kind donations to charities and non-profits
- Managed many of the largest corporate real-estate decommissioning projects in North-American history
- Maintained growth rate of 30% per year since 2010
Reporting to the Director of Sales, a Business Development Managers’ (BDMs) primary responsibility is to generate growth for Green Standards through the prospecting and selling of our services to director-level corporate real-estate audiences at Fortune-sized companies in North America. In doing so, you will be directly contributing to the development of a growing, disruptive business while also exceeding client expectations and driving a positive impact on people, communities and the environment. Training includes integration with Operations, including shadowing of Project Management to ensure subject matter expertise and to facilitate a smooth transition into full-time sales.
- New business development: generating and managing a sales funnel, from prospecting through to closing
- Existing account development: working within Green Standards’ book of accounts to re-energize existing accounts and generate additional business from them
- Lead processing: managing in-bound inquiries sourced through existing partnerships and our website and intake lines
- Networking: attending industry events to grow your professional network; developing relationships with existing partners and business channels
- Reporting: day-to-day maintenance of sales tasks, pipeline and funnel; participation in monthly sales meetings to review progress and develop sales strategy improvements
- Collaborating: Working internally with GSL’s operations department to create winning proposals
- Traveling: Strategically within North America to liaise with clients, subcontractors, partners, etc. (25% time allocation)
Experience and Skill Set
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: corporate real estate & facilities; sustainability consulting; project management services
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a developed professional network of corporate real-estate professionals, specifically within the DC-area.
- Experience selling to federal government and large contractors is an absolute ‘must’
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in commission-based B2B sales: prospecting, presenting and closing business
- Comfort and competency with independent business travel to prospect and close deals
- Exceptional ability to build and manage relationships
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and team player
- Works well in a team environment
- Strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction; ability to combine focused initiative with professional discipline and demeanor to accomplish difficult tasks
- Project management experience; PMP or CAPM
- Experience selling consulting services such as LEED, move management, workplace optimization
Above all else, we are looking for highly-motivated, career-minded individuals looking to join a dynamic team of professionals. This is a fun and fast-paced environment best suited to self-starters, those who are motivated to succeed and ready to commit to a unique opportunity with real growth potential.
What Green Standards Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation with significant advancement potential – heavily incentivized pay based on experience and sales performance
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in the growth and development of a unique, sustainable, and socially responsible company
Applicants who do not adhere to the following instructions will not be considered:
With your resume, please as-briefly-as-possible answer the following questions:
- What are your earning expectations? Amount and structure.
- Why do you think you’re the best fit for the role?
- Based on what you know about us, why do you think our clients choose to purchase our services?
Green Standards is an equal opportunity employer. We are continuously working to improve our governing policies and make our workplace a more inclusive, respectful, and barrier-free environment. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized peoples, differently abled peoples, and members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.