Great work happens everywhere. That’s why we empower our colleagues to do their best work from wherever they are, whether on-the-go or from one of our modern workspaces. Designed for collaboration and creativity, our offices help inspire a future of inclusive and purpose-driven innovation. As part of the Project Management Team, you’ll deliver projects that support our built environment and our 9,500+ employees. You will be responsible for managing end-to-end construction projects as well as non-agile programs across our shared services group. Our team is customer-centric, so you’ll use your previous experience in developing relationships and setting appropriate expectations to deliver consistent, measurable results for our internal clients.
A client-focused, experienced program/ project manager that can act as a change agent and influence multiple diverse stakeholders through the use effective communication. You’ve proven to be successful motivating project teams throughout all phases of the project lifecycle: Planning, Budgeting, Execution, Control and Closure. You are constantly searching for a better way to deliver projects and apply lessons learned from previous projects and industry best practices.
- A consumer-centric approach with a proven track record of delivering projects on-time and under budget
- 3-5 years of construction project or program management experience within a corporate setting
- Knowledge of business case development, sourcing, contract negotiation, reporting, and vendor management
- Experience developing schedules in MS Project, manipulating data in MS Excel, and creating presentations in MS Power Point
- Excellent organization, communication, and prioritization skills
- The ability to distill complex information into easy-to-follow presentations
- Experience managing real estate and construction projects and programs remotely
- The ability to accelerate impact and lead change.
- Experience in leading and executing projects across various internal teams and external players, ability to drive consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at once while maintaining attention to detail
- BS/BA in Architecture, Construction, Engineering, Real Estate or Business Management preferred
- Ensure the project scope is adequately defined, includes only the work required to complete the project, and is agreed to by all stakeholders.
- Verify that initial project estimates and financial forecasts are complete with sufficient level of detail to support baseline estimates.
- Create and maintain detailed schedules based upon industry knowledge and project scope/duration, Monitor project progress against baseline schedule.
- Work closely with Internal business partners, Construction Managers, Sub-Contractors, Architect, Engineers, IT consultants, vendors, and trades to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budgetary constraints.
- Take the lead to ensure work progresses and all cost and schedule issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Ensure that any project change requests are assessed for impact to schedule, budget, or business case, and that approved cost and/or schedule changes are implemented.
- Communicate / report weekly project status including financial performance, risk, and accomplishments throughout each project’s life cycle.
- Deploy adequate quality assurance techniques in accordance with Guardian standards.
- As our Project/Program Manager, you will report to our Director, Enterprise Shared Services, who reports to our Second Vice President, Facilities Service Administration.
- Bethlehem, PA, New York NY, Holmdel NJ, or Stamford CT with work from home flexibility.
- Up to 30% travel within US.
30 % or below – domestic travel
- Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and
financial strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
© Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification