Head of FP&A
at Guideline, Inc. (View all jobs)
San Mateo, CA
Guideline is looking for a Head of FP&A to join the Finance Team.
The Head of FP&A is a rare role that will make an impact in all corners of the business! The Finance team enables our clients to be their best self. We broadly define our clients as customers, business partners, and shareholders. Our mission is “Partners in Growth,” and we drive value through business partner support, innovative and insightful analysis, and financial integrity. We are looking for bright and kind individuals motivated by challenge, specifically those who succeed in a fast-paced environment and will thrive in building and improving processes to scale Guideline to the next level.
About The Role
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Head of FP&A is a central role within the broader Finance team, responsible for delivering visibility and deep business insights to finance leaders, senior executives, and the board. As the first FP&A hire, this person will need to be willing to work as an individual contributor while we build out the organization under their leadership. In addition to helping lead key financial processes like annual planning and quarterly forecasts, this role drives significant value across the organization by developing and managing centralized reporting and financial planning tools.
The Head of FP&A will also be a trusted business partner for senior leaders across Engineering, Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, Talent, Product and People Operations.
Expect this to be a high profile role at a well-funded startup.
- Coordinate key financial processes, including budget planning, P&L and cash forecasting, and variance analysis for GAAP and non-GAAP management reporting
- Leverage financial planning systems to develop and maintain driver-based forecasting tools and dashboards for leaders around the organization
- Oversee preparation of budgets and forecasts for all functions
- Establish business partnership with leaders in Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Talent, Product and People Operation to drive operational efficiencies, global headcount plans, and streamlined workflows
- Develop monthly financial reporting for the VP of Finance and CEO, as well as quarterly materials for Guideline’s Board of Directors
- Collaborate with Accounting to optimize and expedite FP&A inputs to the monthly close process
- Own the Revenue Model
- Support other special projects and ad hoc analysis as they arise
Guideline is about 200 employees spread across three offices (San Mateo/Austin/Portland, ME). With the success of our 401(k) product, and new additions of IRA and SEP, we are well on our way to being the retirement platform that serves all.
- 3+ years of investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate development
- 8+ years of experience in a highly quantitative role, with rigorous forecast and variance reporting accountability
- Corporate FP&A experience and an understanding of US GAAP; experience at a top investment bank also a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential
- Able to distill complex issues into simple models and decision making frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus but not required
More about Guideline?
At Guideline, we’re helping people save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn’t charge participants any fees on investments, regardless of the value of their assets or retirement account balance. And for employers, Guideline charges a low, flat rate fee per participant, in contrast to the asset-based fee model predominant in the industry.
With over 10,000 clients and billions of dollars in assets under management, in just a few years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $144M to date with top-tier investors.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.