at Guideline, Inc. (View all jobs)
Guideline is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team.
What you will be working on?
The Senior Accountant is an important role on the finance team that will make an impact on the company’s financial statements! The Finance team enables our clients to be their best self. We broadly define our clients as customers, business partners, and shareholders. Our mission is “Partners in Growth,” and we drive value through business partner support, innovative and insightful analysis, and financial integrity. We are looking for bright and kind individuals motivated by challenge, specifically those who succeed in a fast-paced environment and will thrive in building and improving processes to scale Guideline to the next level.
About The Role
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be part of the Finance team to work on financial reporting, month end closing, technical accounting and assist with Audit. This role will be responsible for supporting the process of delivering accurate and meaningful financials to the finance leaders, senior executives, and the board. In addition to helping lead key financial reporting processes like cost reporting, operating expense reporting, this role drives significant value across the organization by improving Guideline’s reporting efficiency and effectiveness.
The senior accountant role can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and make progress in their career. Guideline promotes continuing learning and has a strong encouragement of retaining existing employees by providing on-job coaching within the finance team and within the company as a whole.
Expect this to be a high profile role at a well-funded startup.
- Supporting various aspects of our accounting and reporting process, including partnership accounting, accruals, financial reporting package
- End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners.
- Strong sense of ownership and detail orientation
- Ability to identify process improvement and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization.
- Lead delivery of accounting tasks and projects under a deadline driven environment.
- Enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business teams including compliance, data, IT, product and customer success.
- Support ERP system migration
- Support Big4 Audit
Guideline is a Fintech SaaS company that offers full stack retirement products to SMBs. The company spread across three locations (San Mateo/Austin/Portland, ME). With the success of our 401(k) product, and new additions of IRA and SEP, we are well on our way to being the retirement platform that serves all.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Experience with assisting in big four audits in the Fintech industry
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and US GAAP.
- Self-motivated team player with the capability to identify, resolve and prioritize differing business issues
- Strong business acumen and experience working under fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Experience with Netsuite and SQL
- Ability to train and manage contractors.
- Big4 CPA preferred
- System migration and implementation experience is preferred but not required
More about Guideline
At Guideline, we’re helping people save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn’t charge participants any fees on investments, regardless of the value of their assets or retirement account balance. And for employers, Guideline charges a low, flat rate fee per participant, in contrast to the asset-based fee model predominant in the industry.
With over 10,000 clients and billions of dollars in assets under management, in just a few years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $144M to date with top-tier investors.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.