HALLMARK – WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD
Come join us. You’ll add value to one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and be part of our company with a life-affirming purpose to inspire meaningful connections. Our products, content and experiences aim to enrich all lives by making a genuine difference in every life, every day, and our business is focused on bringing the value and relevance of Diversity and Inclusion to every brand, product and person we touch. Our overarching enterprise D&I Framework and plans demonstrate our belief and value in having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Hallmark’s D&I efforts will continue to represent ongoing progress and reinforce our commitment, as will our intentional focus on bringing more diverse talent into our business and onto our teams. Hallmark has been recognized as one of Forbes and Statista 2020 Best employers for Diversity, Women and New Graduates.
MAHOGANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
Hallmark has made a commitment to providing product and gifting solution to diverse consumers and is further investing in the Mahogany Brand business. Led by Alexis Kerr, Vice President for the Mahogany brand and a multi-cultural marketing executive veteran – Hallmark is looking at both building on Mahogany’s 30-year loyal consumer following and building out the brand offering to additional, newer consumers in new and different spaces in the marketplace. Hallmark has an exciting multi-year growth strategy for this monumental business and looking for great talent to grow along with it. This is the inaugural class of Mahogany interns and expect it to be a banner internship year!
We are looking for undergraduate and MBA student interns to join the Mahogany team for Summer 2022 who can bring their strong consumer marketing, product and/or new business development backgrounds and innovative thinking to help drive the Mahogany strategies, explore and analyze consumer and product opportunities and further develop their experience in multi-cultural consumer marketing, product and business development. As a Mahogany intern, you will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need. You will use your business acumen and problem solving skills to deep-dive into the Mahogany business value proposition and consumer priorities, research and strategize project goals and develop optimal recommendations that address project needs. In addition to your project work, you will have opportunities to expand your professional skill set, connect with corporate senior leadership, and engage with other fellow interns!
Potential projects could include:
- Creating a social strategy to fully engage and grow the current audience on all Mahogany social platforms.
- Developing a go to market strategy for a new e-commerce products targeted toward younger consumers.
- Exploring new product possibilities and distribution models for the brand
- Developing a segmentation strategy to ensure the proper product assortment meets new consumer needs based on demographics and locations of individual stores.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Must currently be enrolled in or completing a Bachelor’s degree or accredited MBA with a graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023.
- Experience in consumer marketing, product development/management, business development or innovation
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- Minimum of 2 years of prior work experience in consumer marketing, product development/management, business development or innovation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and capacity to think critically.
- Ability to draw conclusions from research and data and translate into clear, concise recommendations.
- Aptitude to think strategically.
This internship will be for summer 2022 (typically runs late May through early August) and may occur virtually. But there will be flexibility around start and end dates based on selected student’s personal and academic needs. The intern program at Hallmark is the primary source for full-time hires either directly after graduation or for future pipeline. Full-time hiring decisions are based on performance and business need.
The final deadline for all applications is October 29, 2021, and we plan to have all decisions made by Thanksgiving. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program!
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.