Associates at Harris Williams play an integral role in all the firm’s merger and acquisition advisory activities. As a Summer Associate, you will learn the deal process through live transaction work alongside seasoned banking professionals. During the internship, you will contribute to major deal process deliverables, including:
· Pitch Materials
· Valuation Analysis
· Confidential Information Memorandum
· Management Presentation
Summer Associate Attributes
Harris Williams fosters an inclusive culture through hiring quality people who are committed, tenacious, smart and principled – dedicated to achieving the right results for our clients, the right way. We are committed to building a unique firm by valuing and developing talent and deepening relationships with our clients. Harris Williams values Summer Associates with different educational and professional backgrounds and look for people with the following attributes:
· Positive attitude
· Committed worth ethic
· Intellectual curiosity and passion for live deal experience
· Collaborative working style
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Quantitative and analytical abilities
· Creative and strategic thinking skills
· Resilience under pressure
Training & Development
Our internship kicks off with one week of training, covering financial modeling and setting the foundation for the robust deal work ahead. During the 10 weeks, Summer Associates develop their business communication, strategic thinking, modeling, and client-facing skills by working on live deals with seasoned professionals.
Mentorship – both formal and organic – is critical to our people’s success. Summer Associates are assigned junior and senior mentors, who provide a support network during the internship. Our lean deal teams, apprenticeship model, and flat organizational culture ensures you will also find additional mentors along the way.
At Harris Williams, we are committed to fostering diversity among our teams. Our MBA Diversity Fellowship program will award merit-based fellowships to Female, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, LGBTQ2S+, military veterans, students with disabilities, and other underrepresented minorities. Please reach out to Sara Moir to learn more about the application process for the fellowship, email@example.com.
· International students must be eligible for a STEM OPT visa after graduation from business school.
· Submit resume through Harris Williams’ company website, www.harriswilliams.com.
· Complete a profile with Suited which will cover your academic background, prior work experience, employment preferences, and ask a series of suitability questions. Please click the following link to proceed: https://app.wellsuited.com/join/KLK6tq49F-TPGWCACqK