When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Associate with Hines, you will assist senior management with all aspects of real estate investment and development projects and asset management of operating properties. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative and financial support to ensure project completion and underwriting new market opportunities for consideration.
- Participates in the management of development projects including feasibility analysis, entitlement processes, financing, design, contracting, and construction management.
- Participates in the asset management of existing properties, including tenant relations, investor relations, and communications.
- Performs financial analysis of acquisitions and development opportunities via financial modeling, analysis of cash flows, and application of valuation methods using a combination of Argus and Excel software.
- Monitors project budgets and schedules for significant variances and oversees contractor payments where appropriate.
- Assists in the leasing of certain properties, to include working closely with legal counsel in review of lease documents.
- Facilitates the marketing of projects to investors, including making certain that all project agreements are properly documented.
- Monitors the flow of information regarding project design among interested parties, including investors, market research personnel, construction groups, and architects.
- Works closely with appropriate personnel to design and implement marketing plans.
- Develops a constant awareness of market opportunities.
- Provides support for project design and site selection activities as needed.
- Serves as a member of various project teams as required to facilitate company needs.
- Acts as a team member with all Hines employees.
- Complies with all Hines policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and related experience considered in lieu of post undergraduate studies; MBA strongly preferred.
- Three or more years of work experience with a professional organization, with a record of project success or experience.
- Two or more years related experience in real estate or in a financial analysis role.
Analyze real estate and industry trends from a strategic point of view; Analyze and interpret various types of data to draw conclusions and solve problems.
Perform numerical and financial calculations and analysis.
Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Think creatively and contribute to project success.
Successfully manage a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule.
Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
Interact with employees, visitors, and business partners with poise and diplomacy.
Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff.
Ability to leverage technology and internet to perform all job functions at the highest level.
Possesses the highest degree of integrity.
Ability to analyze real estate from a strategic point of view.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries. Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at approximately $160.9 billion¹, including $81.7 billion in assets under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and $79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of assets for which Hines provides third-party property level services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.